Backup exec ver 8.6 Multiple media catolog problems - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup exec ver 8.6 Multiple media catolog problems - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi John Just a guess is the device mult lun? Check the documentation~if this is the case ensure multi lun is enable in the bios. Hope this helps Juana John O'Hara wrote in message news:3e80c5f4$1@hronntp01.... > > I recently re-installed ...

  1. Re: Backup exec ver 8.6 Multiple media catolog problems

    John O'Hara wrote in message

    > I recently re-installed a new Windows server with backup exec ver 8.6 and
    > Exabyte auto multiple tape loading.
    > I'm trying to recatalog my tapes so I can restore some data. I was

    successful
    > in Inventoring and cataloging the first tape but the next 5 always say

    cleaning
    > media or reading...but never any results?
    >
    > I tried the techNote ID: 190522 but have had no succsess.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can fix this so i can read my tapes or tell me what the
    > poroblem might be??

  2. Backup exec ver 8.6 Multiple media catolog problems

    I recently re-installed a new Windows server with backup exec ver 8.6 and
    Exabyte auto multiple tape loading.
    I'm trying to recatalog my tapes so I can restore some data. I was successful
    in Inventoring and cataloging the first tape but the next 5 always say cleaning
    media or reading...but never any results?

    I tried the techNote ID: 190522 but have had no succsess.

    Anyone know how I can fix this so i can read my tapes or tell me what the
    poroblem might be??

  3. Re: Backup exec ver 8.6 Multiple media catolog problems

    Hey John,
    If these tapes are of the same media set, inventory all the tapes but just
    catalog the first one. BE will look for the next tape based on the header
    information on the last tape used.

    Cheers

    "juana" wrote:
    >Hi John
    >
    >Just a guess is the device mult lun? Check the documentation~if this is

    the
    >case ensure multi lun is enable in the bios.
    >
    >Hope this helps
    >
    >Juana
    >
    >John O'Hara wrote in message
    >>
    >> I recently re-installed a new Windows server with backup exec ver 8.6

    and
    >> Exabyte auto multiple tape loading.
    >> I'm trying to recatalog my tapes so I can restore some data. I was

    >successful
    >> in Inventoring and cataloging the first tape but the next 5 always say

    >cleaning
    >> media or reading...but never any results?
    >>
    >> I tried the techNote ID: 190522 but have had no succsess.
    >>
    >> Anyone know how I can fix this so i can read my tapes or tell me what

    the
    >> poroblem might be??

+ Reply to Thread