Backing up server in untrusted domain - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up server in untrusted domain - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am having problems authenticating to a server in an untrusted domain that I need to backup. I tried the local administrator acount but could not get it to work. Any ideas? Thanks John...

  1. Backing up server in untrusted domain

    I am having problems authenticating to a server in an untrusted domain that
    I need to backup. I tried the local administrator acount but could not get
    it to work. Any ideas?

    Thanks

    John

  2. Re: Backing up server in untrusted domain

    Hi,
    There needs to be a trust between the domains ...it is necessary.
    if server is in workgroup then you can use the same account for both and
    try.

    Also check if the ports are open

    Rod
    "John H" wrote:

    >I am having problems authenticating to a server in an untrusted domain that
    >I need to backup. I tried the local administrator acount but could not get
    >it to work. Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >John

  3. Re: Backing up server in untrusted domain

    hi,
    u do need trust bet. domains to protect any remote server in a another domain..
    1. atleast a 1way trust where the target domain trusts the host domain(the
    one with ur media srvr)

    2. the best way is a 2way trust relationship bet. domains
    -'trusting domain' is the target domain where remote srvr is located
    -'trusted domain' is the host domain with ur Media Srvr
    -add the backup account to the target domain's local administrators;u seem
    to have done that already

    3.just an idea.. u have only a 1way trust (as above)but BE svc account which
    has local admin rights on remote svr is part of 'Domain ADmin'grp in root
    domain forest(the highest in the hierarchy) .. "objects inherit properties
    of parent objects" is enabled in ur AD permissions

    do let us in on ur findings
    good luck,

    Dan.

    "John H" wrote:

    >I am having problems authenticating to a server in an untrusted domain that
    >I need to backup. I tried the local administrator acount but could not get
    >it to work. Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >John

+ Reply to Thread