BEWS 9.0 goes into eternal pre-processing status - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BEWS 9.0 goes into eternal pre-processing status - Veritas Backup Exec ; Here's a new one. Jobs start. The auto loader puts a tape in the drive. Then nothing. The job monitor shows pre-processing and does nothing else. Cancelling the job puts it into a cancel pending status and does nothing else. ...

  1. BEWS 9.0 goes into eternal pre-processing status

    Here's a new one.
    Jobs start. The auto loader puts a tape in the drive. Then nothing. The
    job monitor shows pre-processing and does nothing else. Cancelling the job
    puts it into a cancel pending status and does nothing else. I can't even
    unload the tapes manually using the controls on the tape drives. I have
    to kill the power on the drives, restart the server, manually unload the
    drives using the controls on the drives and then have to relabel the tapes.
    The drives are Overland LoaderXpress. Believe that it is something that
    has gone wrong with the software. No patches have been applied to the server
    that may have caused this since the last day that everything was working.
    Any clues?

  2. Re: BEWS 9.0 goes into eternal pre-processing status

    Hi,
    I have a pre-processing hang and then a cancel pending hang when trying to
    cancel the job. No solution yet. Progress indicators are off. No backup possible.
    It worked well for v8.6. I have made a full uninstall and a fresh install.
    No change. Report this to Veritas so that they understand that this is a
    common problem.

    Regards Finn Ove

    "Mike Zander" wrote:

    >Here's a new one.
    >Jobs start. The auto loader puts a tape in the drive. Then nothing. The
    >job monitor shows pre-processing and does nothing else. Cancelling the

    job
    >puts it into a cancel pending status and does nothing else. I can't even
    >unload the tapes manually using the controls on the tape drives. I have
    >to kill the power on the drives, restart the server, manually unload the
    >drives using the controls on the drives and then have to relabel the tapes.
    > The drives are Overland LoaderXpress. Believe that it is something that
    >has gone wrong with the software. No patches have been applied to the server
    >that may have caused this since the last day that everything was working.
    > Any clues?

  3. Re: BEWS 9.0 goes into eternal pre-processing status

    Hello,

    Try closing BE and the BE services ..Also stop MSQL$Bkupexec

    rename BEDB_DAT.MDF, bedb-log.ldf, and bedb.bak

    start the BE services with the ofo option

    with the ofo it might take a while before the prepossessing completes

    Rod

    "folium" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have a pre-processing hang and then a cancel pending hang when trying

    >cancel the job. No solution yet. Progress indicators are off. No backup

    possible.
    > It worked well for v8.6. I have made a full uninstall and a fresh install.
    >No change. Report this to Veritas so that they understand that this is a
    >common problem.
    >
    >Regards Finn Ove
    >

    >"Mike Zander" wrote:
    >>
    >>Here's a new one.
    >>Jobs start. The auto loader puts a tape in the drive. Then nothing.

    The
    >>job monitor shows pre-processing and does nothing else. Cancelling the

    >job
    >>puts it into a cancel pending status and does nothing else. I can't even
    >>unload the tapes manually using the controls on the tape drives. I have
    >>to kill the power on the drives, restart the server, manually unload the
    >>drives using the controls on the drives and then have to relabel the tapes.
    >> The drives are Overland LoaderXpress. Believe that it is something that
    >>has gone wrong with the software. No patches have been applied to the

    server
    >>that may have caused this since the last day that everything was working.
    >> Any clues?

  4. Re: BEWS 9.0 goes into eternal pre-processing status

    Rod what does this do. I am having the same problem. You can not stop the
    services. If you click on Removable storage in computer management it hangs
    the server i.e I have to swith it off.

    Any Ideas

    "Rod Spode" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Try closing BE and the BE services ..Also stop MSQL$Bkupexec
    >
    >rename BEDB_DAT.MDF, bedb-log.ldf, and bedb.bak
    >
    >start the BE services with the ofo option
    >
    >with the ofo it might take a while before the prepossessing completes
    >
    >Rod
    >

    >"folium" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>I have a pre-processing hang and then a cancel pending hang when trying

    >>cancel the job. No solution yet. Progress indicators are off. No backup

    >possible.
    >> It worked well for v8.6. I have made a full uninstall and a fresh install.
    >>No change. Report this to Veritas so that they understand that this is

    >>common problem.
    >>
    >>Regards Finn Ove
    >>

    >>"Mike Zander" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Here's a new one.
    >>>Jobs start. The auto loader puts a tape in the drive. Then nothing.

    >The
    >>>job monitor shows pre-processing and does nothing else. Cancelling the

    >>job
    >>>puts it into a cancel pending status and does nothing else. I can't even
    >>>unload the tapes manually using the controls on the tape drives. I have
    >>>to kill the power on the drives, restart the server, manually unload the
    >>>drives using the controls on the drives and then have to relabel the tapes.
    >>> The drives are Overland LoaderXpress. Believe that it is something that
    >>>has gone wrong with the software. No patches have been applied to the

    >server
    >>>that may have caused this since the last day that everything was working.
    >>> Any clues?

+ Reply to Thread