Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a serious problem. I need to restore backup from tape, and when I try to open up Veritas, type in the login, pw, and domain it hangs at Connecting to Local Media Server. Please help!...

  1. Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server

    I have a serious problem. I need to restore backup from tape, and when I
    try to open up Veritas, type in the login, pw, and domain it hangs at Connecting
    to Local Media Server.

    Please help!

  2. Re: Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server

    Verify that all seven BackupExec services are started

    Joe Coste wrote:

    > I have a serious problem. I need to restore backup from tape, and when I
    > try to open up Veritas, type in the login, pw, and domain it hangs at Connecting
    > to Local Media Server.
    >
    > Please help!

  3. Re: Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server

    Only 3 services out of the 7 are started, and when i try to manual start the
    other 4 it takes a while then kicks back errors.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Verify that all seven BackupExec services are started
    >
    >Joe Coste wrote:
    >
    >> I have a serious problem. I need to restore backup from tape, and when

    >> try to open up Veritas, type in the login, pw, and domain it hangs at

    Connecting
    >> to Local Media Server.
    >>
    >> Please help!

  4. Re: Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server

    The error I get is:

    Could not start the Backup Exec 8.x Server on Local Computer.
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

    This is the same error I get if I try to start the Agent Browser service
    or the Device and Media Service also.

    Any ideas?

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Well, that's you problem then.
    >
    >What specific errors do you get, either on screen or in the Event Log when

    you
    >try to start the others?
    >
    >Joe Coste wrote:
    >
    >> Only 3 services out of the 7 are started, and when i try to manual start

    the
    >> other 4 it takes a while then kicks back errors.
    >>
    >> Ken Putnam wrote:
    >> >Verify that all seven BackupExec services are started

    when

    at
    >> Connecting

  5. Re: Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server

    Joe Coste wrote:

    > Only 3 services out of the 7 are started, and when i try to manual start the
    > other 4 it takes a while then kicks back errors.
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >Verify that all seven BackupExec services are started
    > >
    > >Joe Coste wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have a serious problem. I need to restore backup from tape, and when

    > >> try to open up Veritas, type in the login, pw, and domain it hangs at

    > Connecting
    > >> to Local Media Server.
    > >>
    > >> Please help!

  6. Re: Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server

    One of them should be different, usually a password error, but sometimes
    something else

    Joe Coste wrote:

    > The error I get is:
    >
    > Could not start the Backup Exec 8.x Server on Local Computer.
    > Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
    >
    > This is the same error I get if I try to start the Agent Browser service
    > or the Device and Media Service also.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >Well, that's you problem then.
    > >
    > >What specific errors do you get, either on screen or in the Event Log when

    > you
    > >try to start the others?
    > >
    > >Joe Coste wrote:
    > >
    > >> Only 3 services out of the 7 are started, and when i try to manual start

    > the
    > >> other 4 it takes a while then kicks back errors.

    > when

    > at
    > >> Connecting

  7. Re: Hangs while Connecting to Local Media Server

    Hi Joe,
    Make sure service account has admin rights, and identical in all services.
    Do you have SQL or Exchange Agent installed on the backup server?

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >One of them should be different, usually a password error, but sometimes
    >something else
    >
    >Joe Coste wrote:
    >
    >> The error I get is:
    >>
    >> Could not start the Backup Exec 8.x Server on Local Computer.
    >> Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.
    >>
    >> This is the same error I get if I try to start the Agent Browser service
    >> or the Device and Media Service also.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Ken Putnam wrote:
    >> >Well, that's you problem then.
    >> >
    >> >What specific errors do you get, either on screen or in the Event Log

    when
    >> you
    >> >try to start the others?

    start