Unable to attach to one of the drives Error: a000848c - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to attach to one of the drives Error: a000848c - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just upgraded to BE v 9. Now, I cannot backup any NT4 machines. I upgraded the remote agent and installed SP6a on all. I receive the following error message: "Check status : Error: a000848c, The job failed with the ...

  1. Unable to attach to one of the drives Error: a000848c

    I just upgraded to BE v 9. Now, I cannot backup any NT4 machines. I
    upgraded the remote agent and installed SP6a on all.

    I receive the following error message:
    "Check status : Error: a000848c, The job failed with the following error:
    Unable to attach to one of the drives."

    Has anyone else run into this? It only happens on NT remotes. Windows 2000
    is working fine.

  2. Re: Unable to attach to one of the drives Error: a000848c

    "Steve" wrote:
    >I just upgraded to BE v 9. Now, I cannot backup any NT4 machines. I
    >upgraded the remote agent and installed SP6a on all.
    >
    >I receive the following error message:
    >"Check status : Error: a000848c, The job failed with the following error:
    >Unable to attach to one of the drives."
    >
    >Has anyone else run into this? It only happens on NT remotes. Windows

    2000
    >is working fine.

    I have run into the exact same issue - running BE v.9 eval backing up a 2000
    server and shares on an NT4 (SP6a as well)server. It worked for a couple
    weeks, then started failing with this error. I can find no direct reference
    to this in Veritas' KB. If you have discovered anything please advise. Thanks

  3. Re: Unable to attach to one of the drives Error: a000848c

    "Jesse" wrote:

    >"Steve" wrote:
    >>I just upgraded to BE v 9. Now, I cannot backup any NT4 machines. I
    >>upgraded the remote agent and installed SP6a on all.
    >>
    >>I receive the following error message:
    >>"Check status : Error: a000848c, The job failed with the following error:
    >>Unable to attach to one of the drives."
    >>
    >>Has anyone else run into this? It only happens on NT remotes. Windows

    >2000
    >>is working fine.
    >>

    >I have run into the exact same issue - running BE v.9 eval backing up a

    2000
    >server and shares on an NT4 (SP6a as well)server. It worked for a couple
    >weeks, then started failing with this error. I can find no direct reference
    >to this in Veritas' KB. If you have discovered anything please advise. Thanks

    Getting random occurances of this same error with both the backup server
    and the remote server running W2K Server SP3. Works fine for a few weeks,
    then errors out every night for a 3-7 days, then goes away. Tried creating
    a new account to backup under (previously using administrator) and still
    having the problem. Running BE 9.0 SP1, no other hot fixes. Will install
    the new release from 5/27 and hopefully this will resolve this issue.

+ Reply to Thread