RaiDirector EOL - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on RaiDirector EOL - Veritas Backup Exec ; Veritas has decided to EOL RaiDirector. What other backup products include this feature? Thanks in advance for your help! tim.willingham@amsouth.com...

  1. RaiDirector EOL

    Veritas has decided to EOL RaiDirector. What other backup products include
    this feature? Thanks in advance for your help!

    tim.willingham@amsouth.com

  2. Re: RaiDirector EOL

    I've been looking for more info on this as well. The first I heard of
    RaiDirector going EOL was after talking with one of their techs about my
    installation of BE 9.0. It's been about a week now and they've been
    'searching for' or 'writing' some sort of document to explain that
    RaiDirector is not supported with BE 9.0.

    Any info on the Tape Raid front would be helpful! I can't believe there is
    not another software based Raid system for tape drives.

    Jeff Mintun

    Network Systems Administrator

    jmintun@mwwindows.com

    "Tim Willingham" wrote in message
    > Veritas has decided to EOL RaiDirector. What other backup products

    include
    > this feature? Thanks in advance for your help!
    >
    > tim.willingham@amsouth.com

  3. Re: RaiDirector EOL

    Got my serial numbers for 9.x and loaded it onto a server with Raidirector
    1.0. Seems to work fine. Never really used their support anyway.

    "Jeff Mintun" wrote in message
    > I've been looking for more info on this as well. The first I heard of
    > RaiDirector going EOL was after talking with one of their techs about my
    > installation of BE 9.0. It's been about a week now and they've been
    > 'searching for' or 'writing' some sort of document to explain that
    > RaiDirector is not supported with BE 9.0.
    >
    > Any info on the Tape Raid front would be helpful! I can't believe there is
    > not another software based Raid system for tape drives.
    >
    > Jeff Mintun
    >
    > Network Systems Administrator
    >
    > jmintun@mwwindows.com
    >

    > "Tim Willingham" wrote in message
    > > Veritas has decided to EOL RaiDirector. What other backup products

    > include
    > > this feature? Thanks in advance for your help!
    > >
    > > tim.willingham@amsouth.com

+ Reply to Thread