Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 - Event ID 34113 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 - Event ID 34113 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Exchange mailbox backup is failing with the following listed in the Event log : Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed (Server: "RSPDC") (Job: "Full System Backup") Full System Backup -- The job failed with the following error: The directory is invalid. ...

  1. Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 - Event ID 34113

    Exchange mailbox backup is failing with the following listed in the Event
    log :

    Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
    (Server: "RSPDC") (Job: "Full System Backup") Full System Backup -- The job
    failed with the following error: The directory is invalid.

    Also, when I attempt to look at the job log I receive the following error
    message :

    Load XML failed. Reason: A. Error on line 2911, position 110 in "f".
    C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX00021.xml

    The job log loads in text only and from what I can tell the following is
    causing the backup job to fail:

    Mailbox Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Common Views
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Deferred Action
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Finder
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Freebusy Data
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Schedule
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Shortcuts
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Calendar
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Contacts
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Drafts
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory ?Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]???????s?????? a???u?O????
    and its subdirectories.
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Journal
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes?Lexington
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Outbox
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Sent Items
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Tasks
    Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Views

    Any way to resolve this ??

  2. Re: Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 - Event ID 34113

    I am getting the exact same error:

    Backup 0002 -- The job failed with the following error: The directory is
    invalid.

    Category: Job Failed
    Type Error
    Server:
    Device: DELL 1
    Job name: Backup 0002
    Time alert received: 3/4/2003 8:06:30 AM
    Source: Job

    Error category : Resource Errors
    Error code : a000fe09 HEX
    Error description : The directory is invalid.

    Load XML failed. Reason: A. Error on line 5687, position 113 in "f".
    C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX00055.xml

    and the Directory seems to be:
    Mailbox Jacqueline Alvarez [jacqueja]
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews ā椘ation
    StoreTasks and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews ā椘ɕ StoreTasks and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews ā椘ɕ StoreTasks and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews ā椘ɕ StoreTasks and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews ā椘ɕ StoreTasks and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews ā椘ɕ StoreTasks and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews ā椘ɕ StoreTasks and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews ā椘ɕ and its subdirectories.
    Directory not found. Can not backup directory Jacqueline Alvarez
    [jacqueja]ews and its subdirectories.

    When I look on the 'M:' Drive on the Exchange 2000 server there is a folder
    'jacqueja' but when I open it the message isnt 'Access Denied' it is 'Moved
    or Removed'.

    They just told me they tried to move her mailbox from the old server to the
    new one and it bombed. The AD sez she is on the old server.

    I am goint to try to move again.

    tAp

    "Regina Gebhart" wrote:

    >Exchange mailbox backup is failing with the following listed in the Event
    >log :
    >
    >Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
    >(Server: "RSPDC") (Job: "Full System Backup") Full System Backup -- The

    job
    >failed with the following error: The directory is invalid.
    >
    >Also, when I attempt to look at the job log I receive the following error
    >message :
    >
    >Load XML failed. Reason: A. Error on line 2911, position 110 in "f".
    > C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX00021.xml
    >
    >The job log loads in text only and from what I can tell the following is
    >causing the backup job to fail:
    >
    >Mailbox Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Common Views
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Deferred Action
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Finder
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Freebusy Data
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Schedule
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Shortcuts
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Calendar
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Contacts
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Drafts
    >Directory not found. Can not backup directory ?Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]???????s?????? a???u?O????
    >and its subdirectories.
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Journal
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes?Lexington
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Outbox
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Sent Items
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Tasks
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Views
    >
    >Any way to resolve this ??

  3. Re: Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 - Event ID 34113

    Are you in an Exchange 2000 environment? If so, M: is a virtual drive and
    should not be backed up. This may be your problem.

    "tApEtE" wrote:

> [...]

    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Calendar
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Contacts
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Drafts
    >>Directory not found. Can not backup directory ?Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]???????s?????? a???u?O????
    >>and its subdirectories.
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Journal
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes?Lexington
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Outbox
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Sent Items
    >>Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Tasks

  4. Re: Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 - Event ID 34113

    I may be that the accounts / mailboxes that are being backed up are actually
    disabled accounts in Active directory.

    This caused me to get the same error message

    Goo luck

  5. Re: Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 - Event ID 34113

    I'm having the same problem. If I can not solve this by the weekend I will
    use my support contract & call tech support.

    Regards,
    Terry

    "Regina Gebhart" wrote:

    >Exchange mailbox backup is failing with the following listed in the Event
    >log :
    >
    >Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
    >(Server: "RSPDC") (Job: "Full System Backup") Full System Backup -- The

    job
    >failed with the following error: The directory is invalid.
    >
    >Also, when I attempt to look at the job log I receive the following error
    >message :
    >
    >Load XML failed. Reason: A. Error on line 2911, position 110 in "f".
    > C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX00021.xml
    >
    >The job log loads in text only and from what I can tell the following is
    >causing the backup job to fail:
    >
    >Mailbox Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Common Views
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Deferred Action
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Finder
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Freebusy Data
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Schedule
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Shortcuts
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Calendar
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Contacts
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Drafts
    >Directory not found. Can not backup directory ?Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]???????s?????? a???u?O????
    >and its subdirectories.
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Journal
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes?Lexington
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Outbox
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Sent Items
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Tasks
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Views
    >
    >Any way to resolve this ??

  6. Re: Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 - Event ID 34113

    We are getting the same errors. We are on Exchange 5.5, running on a NT 4.0
    machine. The accounts showing this error are NOT disabled, in fact this
    error shows for all accounts. I have a case open with Veritas but no response
    yet.
    jl

    "Regina Gebhart" wrote:

    >Exchange mailbox backup is failing with the following listed in the Event
    >log :
    >
    >Backup Exec Alert: Job Failed
    >(Server: "RSPDC") (Job: "Full System Backup") Full System Backup -- The

    job
    >failed with the following error: The directory is invalid.
    >
    >Also, when I attempt to look at the job log I receive the following error
    >message :
    >
    >Load XML failed. Reason: A. Error on line 2911, position 110 in "f".
    > C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX00021.xml
    >
    >The job log loads in text only and from what I can tell the following is
    >causing the backup job to fail:
    >
    >Mailbox Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Common Views
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Deferred Action
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Finder
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Freebusy Data
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Schedule
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Shortcuts
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Calendar
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Contacts
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Deleted Items
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Drafts
    >Directory not found. Can not backup directory ?Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]???????s?????? a???u?O?œ???
    >and its subdirectories.
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Journal
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Notes?Lexington
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Outbox
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Sent Items
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Top of Information Store?Tasks
    >Folder Cyndi Gilbert [cgilbert]?Views
    >
    >Any way to resolve this ??

+ Reply to Thread