V9 Backup Exec is broke - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on V9 Backup Exec is broke - Veritas Backup Exec ; I installed the V9 over my 8.6 which was running just fine. Now none of my jobs will complete. I've installed the remote agent on all of the remote systems and the output on of my test run is as ...

  1. V9 Backup Exec is broke

    I installed the V9 over my 8.6 which was running just fine. Now none of my
    jobs will complete. I've installed the remote agent on all of the remote
    systems and the output on of my test run is as follows- what is wrong?

    Device : \\FILEKEEPER, \\FILEKEEPER\NFTICheck status : Error: a000846b,
    The job failed with the following error:
    Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    system.
    Device : \\FILEKEEPER, \\FILEKEEPER\RPC:Check status : Error: ffffdfc4,
    The job failed.Device : \\FILEKEEPER, \\FILEKEEPER\WebRoot:Check status
    : Error: a000846b, The job failed with the following error:
    Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    system.
    Device : \\GATEKEEPER, \\GATEKEEPER\C:Check status : Error: a000846b,
    The job failed with the following error:
    Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    system.
    Device : \\GATEKEEPER, \\GATEKEEPER\System?StateCheck status : Error:
    a000846b, The job failed with the following error:
    Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    system.
    Device : \\WEBKEEPER, \\WEBKEEPER\C:Check status : Error: a000846b,
    The job failed with the following error:
    Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    system.
    Device : \\WEBKEEPER, \\WEBKEEPER\System?StateCheck status : Error:
    a000846b, The job failed with the following error:
    Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    system.
    Device : \\NFTISERV, C:Check status : Error: a000846b, The job failed
    with the following error:
    Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    system.
    Device : \\NFTISERV, \\NFTISERV\System?StateCheck status : Error: a000846b,
    The job failed with the following error:
    Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    system.

  2. Re: V9 Backup Exec is broke

    Is the remote agent started on the remote servers? It should read Backup Exec
    Remote Agent for Windows Servers with a 'started' status. If it reads Backup
    Exec Remote Agent for NT/2000; then you are still running the old version
    of remote agent which will have to be uninstalled first. Then install the
    new version of remote agent.
    Have fun!

    "Greg Foulks" wrote:

> [...]

    >Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    >to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    >Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    >system.
    >Device : \\NFTISERV, C:Check status : Error: a000846b, The job failed
    >with the following error:
    >Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    >to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    >Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    >system.
    >Device : \\NFTISERV, \\NFTISERV\System?StateCheck status : Error:

    a000846b,
    >The job failed with the following error:
    >Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    >to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    >Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target

  3. Re: V9 Backup Exec is broke

    I'll check this out, thanks! One more thing. I have a NAS device on my network
    that is used to store individual backups from users PC's. I was able to backup
    that device with 8.6 without having to use a remtoe agent. How can I do this
    with Version9? It seems you can't backup anything on a remote system unless
    it has the remote agent installed. Is this correct?

    Thanks,
    Greg
    "Ipconfig" wrote:

> [...]

    >>Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    >>to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    >>Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    >>system.
    >>Device : \\NFTISERV, C:Check status : Error: a000846b, The job failed
    >>with the following error:
    >>Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    >>to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    >>Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target
    >>system.
    >>Device : \\NFTISERV, \\NFTISERV\System?StateCheck status : Error:

    >a000846b,
    >>The job failed with the following error:
    >>Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while connecting
    >>to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    >>Make sure that Remote Agent for Windows Servers is running on the target

  4. Re: V9 Backup Exec is broke

    Error: a000846b,Device could not be backed up because an error occurred while
    connecting to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.

    Hi,
    I've just upgraded from a working 8.x version. Backup does not work any
    more. It's just a local backup of a w2k sbs server.

    Has ANYBODY got this to work at all???? Do Veritas test products before
    release?

    Finn Ove

  5. Re: V9 Backup Exec is broke

    BE v9 requires that the agents on the remote servers be upgraded.

    "folium" wrote:

    >Error: a000846b,Device could not be backed up because an error occurred

    while
    >connecting to Remote Agent for Windows Servers.
    >
    >Hi,
    >I've just upgraded from a working 8.x version. Backup does not work any
    >more. It's just a local backup of a w2k sbs server.
    >
    >Has ANYBODY got this to work at all???? Do Veritas test products before
    >release?
    >
    >Finn Ove

+ Reply to Thread