Can't install BE9 Adm. Console on XP - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't install BE9 Adm. Console on XP - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to install the BE9 administration console on Windows XP SP1 and I receive the following error message : DEBUG: Error 2755: Server returned unexpected error 1601 attempting to install package C:\bnt90\WINNT\INSTALL\BE\VERITAS Backup Exec For Windows Servers.msi. ERROR: 1: ...

  1. Can't install BE9 Adm. Console on XP

    I'm trying to install the BE9 administration console on Windows XP SP1 and I
    receive the following error message :

    DEBUG: Error 2755: Server returned unexpected error 1601 attempting to
    install package C:\bnt90\WINNT\INSTALL\BE\VERITAS Backup Exec For Windows
    Servers.msi.
    ERROR: 1: 2755 2: 1601 3: C:\bnt90\WINNT\INSTALL\BE\VERITAS Backup Exec For
    Windows Servers.msi

    I tried to re-register the windows installer (msiexec /register) but that
    didn't solve anything.

  2. Re: Can't install BE9 Adm. Console on XP

    "news1.bellnexxia.net" wrote in message

    > I'm trying to install the BE9 administration console on Windows XP SP1 and

    > receive the following error message :

    no errors here verify that you have local admin rights.

  3. Re: Can't install BE9 Adm. Console on XP

    "Flemming Riis" wrote:
    >"news1.bellnexxia.net" wrote in message
    >
    >> I'm trying to install the BE9 administration console on Windows XP SP1

    and
    >> receive the following error message :

    >no errors here verify that you have local admin rights.

    I am having the same problem and I cannot figure out why. I have tried using
    the enterprise admin account as well as the local admin account to install
    it. Same exact error.

+ Reply to Thread