Losing connection to the Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Losing connection to the Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am currently using BENT 7.3, build 2575 on an NT 4.0 SP6a server. Whenever I try to submit a new backup job, I lose connection to the server. I also have to go into the NT Services and restart ...

  1. Losing connection to the Server

    I am currently using BENT 7.3, build 2575 on an NT 4.0 SP6a server.
    Whenever I try to submit a new backup job, I lose connection to the server.
    I also have to go into the NT Services and restart the service and restart
    the server. I have to do this every time I try to submit a new backup.

    Is there a way to fix this?

    ALSO, as a side note, this is the second time I have asked this question,
    because I was deleted the first time. Please do not remove me from the
    newsgroup without at least telling me why.

  2. Re: Losing connection to the Server

    Try this:

    HKLM/Software/VERITAS/Backup Exec/Engine/Agents and put the GRFS timeout to
    3600 and the send and recieve timeouts to 1200. Recycle the services. If
    this dosen't work try looking into the NIC cards see if they can be updated.

    Hope this helps!

    Juana
    "Carl Gross" wrote in message
    > I am currently using BENT 7.3, build 2575 on an NT 4.0 SP6a server.
    > Whenever I try to submit a new backup job, I lose connection to the

    server.
    > I also have to go into the NT Services and restart the service and restart
    > the server. I have to do this every time I try to submit a new backup.
    >
    > Is there a way to fix this?
    >
    > ALSO, as a side note, this is the second time I have asked this question,
    > because I was deleted the first time. Please do not remove me from the
    > newsgroup without at least telling me why.

  3. Re: Losing connection to the Server

    Is there an easier way besides playing around in the registry.

    Also, I took a look in the registry for the value you indicated, but I
    didn't see anything that even resembled a value for 3600, and the second
    registry entry was not there.
    "Juana" wrote in message
    > Try this:
    >
    > HKLM/Software/VERITAS/Backup Exec/Engine/Agents and put the GRFS timeout

    > 3600 and the send and recieve timeouts to 1200. Recycle the services. If
    > this dosen't work try looking into the NIC cards see if they can be

    updated.

    > Hope this helps!
    >
    > Juana
    > "Carl Gross" wrote in message
    > > I am currently using BENT 7.3, build 2575 on an NT 4.0 SP6a server.
    > > Whenever I try to submit a new backup job, I lose connection to the

    > server.
    > > I also have to go into the NT Services and restart the service and

    restart
    > > the server. I have to do this every time I try to submit a new backup.
    > >
    > > Is there a way to fix this?
    > >
    > > ALSO, as a side note, this is the second time I have asked this

    question,
    > > because I was deleted the first time. Please do not remove me from the
    > > newsgroup without at least telling me why.

  4. Re: Losing connection to the Server

    Carl, have you tried setting a scheduled task to stop and restart the service
    about 15 mins. before the scheduled job? I don't know why you have to restart
    the service AND reboot, but restarting the service BEFORE the job goes might
    help kick it in?

    Good luck...

    "Carl Gross" wrote:
    >I am currently using BENT 7.3, build 2575 on an NT 4.0 SP6a server.
    >Whenever I try to submit a new backup job, I lose connection to the server.
    >I also have to go into the NT Services and restart the service and restart
    >the server. I have to do this every time I try to submit a new backup.
    >
    >Is there a way to fix this?
    >
    >ALSO, as a side note, this is the second time I have asked this question,
    >because I was deleted the first time. Please do not remove me from the
    >newsgroup without at least telling me why.

+ Reply to Thread