STOP 0x00007b inaccessible boot device BSOD - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on STOP 0x00007b inaccessible boot device BSOD - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, We've just rebooted our Win 2k server which is running BENT 8.6 with the OFO option (installed 2 days ago). We saw some OTMAN5 errors in the event log and decided to disable the diskperf and we got the ...

  1. STOP 0x00007b inaccessible boot device BSOD

    Hi,

    We've just rebooted our Win 2k server which is running BENT 8.6 with the
    OFO option (installed 2 days ago). We saw some OTMAN5 errors in the event
    log and decided to disable the diskperf and we got the BSOD on reboot....
    ARghhhhh!!

    Any quick fixes ???

  2. Re: STOP 0x00007b inaccessible boot device BSOD

    Did you use exctrlst.exe to do the damage??
    Try to boot in Safe Mode first, if you can't, boot in Recovery Console Mode
    see http://www.labmice.net/troubleshooti...eryconsole.htm for help
    modify registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\PerfDisk\Performance
    Disable Performance Counters=dword:00000000
    (changed from dword:00000001)
    Dmitri

    "Daniel" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > We've just rebooted our Win 2k server which is running BENT 8.6 with the
    > OFO option (installed 2 days ago). We saw some OTMAN5 errors in the event
    > log and decided to disable the diskperf and we got the BSOD on reboot....
    > ARghhhhh!!
    >
    > Any quick fixes ???

  3. Re: STOP 0x00007b inaccessible boot device BSOD

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We've just rebooted our Win 2k server which is running BENT 8.6 with the
    > OFO option (installed 2 days ago). We saw some OTMAN5 errors in the event
    > log and decided to disable the diskperf and we got the BSOD on reboot....
    > ARghhhhh!!
    >
    > Any quick fixes ???

    Hi Daniel,

    can't help you, sorry. Just want to add that I've experienced a similar
    issue:

    A Backup-Job causes the media-server to reboot and then the Server stops
    while rebooting which the same error message as you reported. I
    haven't yet found any information about this error...maybe someone has?

    Greets

    Richard

  4. Re: STOP 0x00007b inaccessible boot device BSOD

    Most likely your scsi-drivers or Raid controller drivers have been affected.
    Or your boot.ini has been changed

    reboot server with server cd and do a manual repair. (using your repair disk)

    Richard Bosse wrote:
    >Daniel wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> We've just rebooted our Win 2k server which is running BENT 8.6 with the
    >> OFO option (installed 2 days ago). We saw some OTMAN5 errors in the event
    >> log and decided to disable the diskperf and we got the BSOD on reboot....
    >> ARghhhhh!!
    >>
    >> Any quick fixes ???

    >Hi Daniel,
    >
    >can't help you, sorry. Just want to add that I've experienced a similar

    >issue:
    >
    >A Backup-Job causes the media-server to reboot and then the Server stops

    > while rebooting which the same error message as you reported. I
    >haven't yet found any information about this error...maybe someone has?
    >
    >Greets
    >
    >Richard

  5. Re: STOP 0x00007b inaccessible boot device BSOD

    yeah, but i can't do that every day...see?
    nice guy wrote:
    > Most likely your scsi-drivers or Raid controller drivers have been affected.
    > Or your boot.ini has been changed
    >
    > reboot server with server cd and do a manual repair. (using your repair disk)
    >
    > Richard Bosse wrote:
    >
    >>Daniel wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>We've just rebooted our Win 2k server which is running BENT 8.6 with the
    >>>OFO option (installed 2 days ago). We saw some OTMAN5 errors in the event
    >>>log and decided to disable the diskperf and we got the BSOD on reboot....
    >>>ARghhhhh!!
    >>>
    >>>Any quick fixes ???

    >>Hi Daniel,
    >>
    >>can't help you, sorry. Just want to add that I've experienced a similar

    >>issue:
    >>
    >>A Backup-Job causes the media-server to reboot and then the Server stops

    >> while rebooting which the same error message as you reported. I
    >>haven't yet found any information about this error...maybe someone has?
    >>
    >>Greets
    >>
    >>Richard

  6. Re: STOP 0x00007b inaccessible boot device BSOD

    there are known issues about ofo and some raid controllers it is well
    documented on VERITAS's site.

    "Richard Bosse" wrote in message
    > yeah, but i can't do that every day...see?
    > nice guy wrote:
    > > Most likely your scsi-drivers or Raid controller drivers have been

    affected.
    > > Or your boot.ini has been changed
    > >
    > > reboot server with server cd and do a manual repair. (using your repair

    disk)

    > > Richard Bosse wrote:

    the

    event

    reboot....

    > >>Hi Daniel,
    > >>
    > >>can't help you, sorry. Just want to add that I've experienced a similar

    > >>issue:
    > >>
    > >>A Backup-Job causes the media-server to reboot and then the Server stops

    > >> while rebooting which the same error message as you reported. I
    > >>haven't yet found any information about this error...maybe someone has?
    > >>
    > >>Greets
    > >>
    > >>Richard

+ Reply to Thread