Robotic library inventory registry change - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Robotic library inventory registry change - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I am a Spectra Logic support technician and I recently had a customer who was experiencing problems when they ran inventories to their Spectra 10k library. They recieved an ADAMM server error that was causing the backup software ...

  1. Robotic library inventory registry change

    Hi all,

    I am a Spectra Logic support technician and I recently had a customer who
    was experiencing problems when they ran inventories to their Spectra 10k
    library. They recieved an ADAMM server error that was causing the backup
    software to lock up. BE 9.0 running on Win 2k. They were told to change
    the registry key HKLM\Software\Veritas\ADAMM ENABLE ROBOTIC LIBRARY TAPE
    DEVICE RELEASE from a value of 0 to a value of 1.

    I am interested to know what that change actually does, does anyone have
    any idea?

    Thanks for your assistance.
    -Paul

  2. Re: Robotic library inventory registry change

    This will let the software relinquish control of the tape device when
    needed.

    Hope this helps!

    Juana
    "Paul Sullivan" wrote in message

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am a Spectra Logic support technician and I recently had a customer who
    > was experiencing problems when they ran inventories to their Spectra 10k
    > library. They recieved an ADAMM server error that was causing the backup
    > software to lock up. BE 9.0 running on Win 2k. They were told to change
    > the registry key HKLM\Software\Veritas\ADAMM ENABLE ROBOTIC LIBRARY TAPE
    > DEVICE RELEASE from a value of 0 to a value of 1.
    >
    > I am interested to know what that change actually does, does anyone have
    > any idea?
    >
    > Thanks for your assistance.
    > -Paul

+ Reply to Thread