RE: DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on RE: DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory - Veritas Backup Exec ; In reference to this directory causing an error after completing an attemted backup of a Domain Controller, see Microsoft Q-Article 233427. According to Microsoft, this directory is excluded from backups by design....

  1. RE: DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory

    In reference to this directory causing an error after completing an attemted
    backup of a Domain Controller, see Microsoft Q-Article 233427. According
    to Microsoft, this directory is excluded from backups by design.

  2. RE: DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory

    So how can we get Backup Exec to automatically exclude these directories from
    backup (or, at least, not display them as errors)? Who should we tell at
    Veritas?

    /Andreas (please respond to my emailaddress, as I don't follow the newsgroup
    directly)

    "Derek M." wrote:

    >In reference to this directory causing an error after completing an attemted
    >backup of a Domain Controller, see Microsoft Q-Article 233427. According
    >to Microsoft, this directory is excluded from backups by design.

  3. Re: DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory

    If I may make a suggestion-
    The MS knowledge base article that Derek refers to tells us the story. On
    your domain controller, start the Windows Backup applet and setup a backup
    job to write to disk. Select each local drive and the system state. Then
    review the list of files excluded. They are listed on the menu Tools-Option
    and the Excluded Files tab. This list is the same list that you should
    exclude in your BE backups. These files/directories cannot and should not
    be restored.

    Alex Moore

    "Andreas Lundgren" wrote in message

    > So how can we get Backup Exec to automatically exclude these directories

    from
    > backup (or, at least, not display them as errors)? Who should we tell at
    > Veritas?
    >
    > /Andreas (please respond to my emailaddress, as I don't follow the

    newsgroup
    > directly)
    >
    > "Derek M." wrote:
    > >
    > >In reference to this directory causing an error after completing an

    attemted
    > >backup of a Domain Controller, see Microsoft Q-Article 233427. According
    > >to Microsoft, this directory is excluded from backups by design.

+ Reply to Thread