Exchange 2000 and Unable to Open Item SharedHardLinkData - Unable to Backup Sytem State - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange 2000 and Unable to Open Item SharedHardLinkData - Unable to Backup Sytem State - Veritas Backup Exec ; Veritas v8.6.3878 reports backup failure Unable to open item \_SharedHardLinkData\0.0.0 when backing up the System State on an Exchange 2000 machine. We are not using the Exchange add-in because we only want to back-up the System State. Any help is ...

  1. Exchange 2000 and Unable to Open Item SharedHardLinkData - Unable to Backup Sytem State

    Veritas v8.6.3878 reports backup failure Unable to open item \_SharedHardLinkData\0.0.0
    when backing up the System State on an Exchange 2000 machine. We are not
    using the Exchange add-in because we only want to back-up the System State.
    Any help is appreciated.

  2. Re: Exchange 2000 and Unable to Open Item SharedHardLinkData - Unable to Backup Sytem State

    Perform a local backup of system state using ntbackup. If it runs ok... then
    try again with BE.

    "Rico de Lara" wrote:

    >Veritas v8.6.3878 reports backup failure Unable to open item \_SharedHardLinkData\0.0.0
    >when backing up the System State on an Exchange 2000 machine. We are not
    >using the Exchange add-in because we only want to back-up the System State.
    > Any help is appreciated.

  3. Re: Exchange 2000 and Unable to Open Item SharedHardLinkData - Unable to Backup Sytem State

    Thanks Harry. However, we've been performing local (ntbackup) backups on
    the machine since BE has not worked. We are still receiving failures. Thanks
    for any other suggestions.

    "Harry" wrote:

    >Perform a local backup of system state using ntbackup. If it runs ok...

    then
    >try again with BE.
    >
    >"Rico de Lara" wrote:
    >>
    >>Veritas v8.6.3878 reports backup failure Unable to open item \_SharedHardLinkData\0.0.0
    >>when backing up the System State on an Exchange 2000 machine. We are not
    >>using the Exchange add-in because we only want to back-up the System State.
    >> Any help is appreciated.

  4. Re: Exchange 2000 and Unable to Open Item SharedHardLinkData - Unable to Backup Sytem State

    "Rico de Lara" wrote:

    >Veritas v8.6.3878 reports backup failure Unable to open item \_SharedHardLinkData\0.0.0
    >when backing up the System State on an Exchange 2000 machine. We are not
    >using the Exchange add-in because we only want to back-up the System State.
    > Any help is appreciated.

    We are getting the exact same error on our DC however we don't have Exchange
    installed on this one. We however are able to backup our system state using
    built in NTBackup.

+ Reply to Thread