Problem connection to backup citrix Metaframe server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Problem connection to backup citrix Metaframe server - Veritas Backup Exec ; Dear all, I have a problem to backup a citrix metaframe XP server. Backup Exec 8.6 is running to a windows 2000 server and I want to backup my secondary server ( citrix metaframe Xp ). When the job is ...

  1. Problem connection to backup citrix Metaframe server

    Dear all,

    I have a problem to backup a citrix metaframe XP server.

    Backup Exec 8.6 is running to a windows 2000 server and I want to backup
    my secondary server ( citrix metaframe Xp ).

    When the job is running , I have got the error :

    Failed to connect \\Citrix01\c$ .

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Problem connection to backup citrix Metaframe server

    1. did you remaped drives during citrix install? there may be no c: drive
    anymore, default is m:, so you should backup \\citrix01\m$.
    2. do you have ms file/print sharing ticked in network properties on citrix
    server?
    3. if you use access as your data store, do not even try IDR - it wont work
    and not supported by Veritas.
    Dmitri
    "dejl" wrote in message news:3e311b7d$1@hronntp01....

    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have a problem to backup a citrix metaframe XP server.
    >
    > Backup Exec 8.6 is running to a windows 2000 server and I want to backup
    > my secondary server ( citrix metaframe Xp ).
    >
    > When the job is running , I have got the error :
    >
    > Failed to connect \\Citrix01\c$ .
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Problem connection to backup citrix Metaframe server

    You need to create a default share of c$ on your system drive. BE doesn't
    work w/ terminal server/citrix unless you have c$ as a share on your system
    drive's root.

    "Dmitri" wrote:
    >1. did you remaped drives during citrix install? there may be no c: drive
    >anymore, default is m:, so you should backup \\citrix01\m$.
    >2. do you have ms file/print sharing ticked in network properties on citrix
    >server?
    >3. if you use access as your data store, do not even try IDR - it wont work
    >and not supported by Veritas.
    >Dmitri
    >"dejl" wrote in message news:3e311b7d$1@hronntp01....
    >>
    >> Dear all,
    >>
    >> I have a problem to backup a citrix metaframe XP server.
    >>
    >> Backup Exec 8.6 is running to a windows 2000 server and I want to backup
    >> my secondary server ( citrix metaframe Xp ).
    >>
    >> When the job is running , I have got the error :
    >>
    >> Failed to connect \\Citrix01\c$ .
    >>
    >> Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread