BE 9.0 - rev. 4367 "Available Capacity numbers wrong" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.0 - rev. 4367 "Available Capacity numbers wrong" - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native). When I enter BE the first time with a blank tape in the SLR100, I get the following information in the "Media properties" window in the "Device" window: "Available capacity" ...

  1. BE 9.0 - rev. 4367 "Available Capacity numbers wrong"

    Hi,
    I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native).
    When I enter BE the first time with a blank tape in the SLR100, I get the
    following information in the "Media properties" window in the "Device" window:
    "Available capacity" show 16,0 MB! (should be 50GB).
    Then I execute a backup og about 4 GB.
    Still, the "Available Capacity! show 16,0 MB.
    Futher, the compression rate show "1:1" which is also wrong.
    Anyone who can comment this?

    Sigurd Evensen

  2. Re: BE 9.0 - rev. 4367 "Available Capacity numbers wrong"

    "Sigurd Evensen" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native).
    >When I enter BE the first time with a blank tape in the SLR100, I get the
    >following information in the "Media properties" window in the "Device" window:
    >"Available capacity" show 16,0 MB! (should be 50GB).
    >Then I execute a backup og about 4 GB.
    >Still, the "Available Capacity! show 16,0 MB.
    >Futher, the compression rate show "1:1" which is also wrong.
    >Anyone who can comment this?
    >
    >Sigurd Evensen

    Hi,

    I have exactly the same Problem with a HP 1/9 LTO Autoloader, all blank tapes
    are shown with a capacity of 16 MB instead of 100 GB.

    Winfried Lindner

  3. Re: BE 9.0 - rev. 4367 "Available Capacity numbers wrong"

    Hallo,

    I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native), too.
    I used a different SCSI-Controller, but the sme problem occures.
    Is there any solution that solve that problem?
    Thank you for any information!

    Mirko Ossenbrink

    "Winfried Lindner" wrote:

    >"Sigurd Evensen" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native).
    >>When I enter BE the first time with a blank tape in the SLR100, I get the
    >>following information in the "Media properties" window in the "Device"

    window:
    >>"Available capacity" show 16,0 MB! (should be 50GB).
    >>Then I execute a backup og about 4 GB.
    >>Still, the "Available Capacity! show 16,0 MB.
    >>Futher, the compression rate show "1:1" which is also wrong.
    >>Anyone who can comment this?
    >>
    >>Sigurd Evensen

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have exactly the same Problem with a HP 1/9 LTO Autoloader, all blank

    tapes
    >are shown with a capacity of 16 MB instead of 100 GB.
    >
    >Winfried Lindner

  4. Re: BE 9.0 - rev. 4367 "Available Capacity numbers wrong"

    Cant guarantee fix but you should definitely be on a higher veriosn and
    build such as 9.1.

    9.0 4367 was the first release of 9.x and had many defects.

    Regards,

    "Mirko Ossenbrink" wrote in message

    > Hallo,
    >
    > I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native), too.
    > I used a different SCSI-Controller, but the sme problem occures.
    > Is there any solution that solve that problem?
    > Thank you for any information!
    >
    > Mirko Ossenbrink
    >

    > "Winfried Lindner" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Sigurd Evensen" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native).
    >>>When I enter BE the first time with a blank tape in the SLR100, I get the
    >>>following information in the "Media properties" window in the "Device"

    > window:
    >>>"Available capacity" show 16,0 MB! (should be 50GB).
    >>>Then I execute a backup og about 4 GB.
    >>>Still, the "Available Capacity! show 16,0 MB.
    >>>Futher, the compression rate show "1:1" which is also wrong.
    >>>Anyone who can comment this?
    >>>
    >>>Sigurd Evensen

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have exactly the same Problem with a HP 1/9 LTO Autoloader, all blank

    > tapes
    >>are shown with a capacity of 16 MB instead of 100 GB.
    >>
    >>Winfried Lindner

  5. Re: BE 9.0 - rev. 4367 "Available Capacity numbers wrong"

    Backup Exec v9.1 for Windows Servers (BEWS) is released recently. It addresses
    many issues and enhancements from an earlier versions and Build of Backup
    Exec v9.0. Refer the following technotes:

    Title: VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691.1 (Single
    .ZIP download)

    Title: VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers General Information

    Note:
    1. BEWS 9.1 is a free downloadable upgrade inclusive of previously installed
    agents and options from Backup Exec 9.0 for Windows Servers agents and options.
    2. Update all agents/options on all remote systems.

    Thnx
    CG

    "Mirko Ossenbrink" wrote:

    >Hallo,
    >
    >I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native), too.
    >I used a different SCSI-Controller, but the sme problem occures.
    >Is there any solution that solve that problem?
    >Thank you for any information!
    >
    >Mirko Ossenbrink
    >

    >"Winfried Lindner" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Sigurd Evensen" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>I'm running a Tandberg SLR100 drive (50 GB native).
    >>>When I enter BE the first time with a blank tape in the SLR100, I get

    the
    >>>following information in the "Media properties" window in the "Device"

    >window:
    >>>"Available capacity" show 16,0 MB! (should be 50GB).
    >>>Then I execute a backup og about 4 GB.
    >>>Still, the "Available Capacity! show 16,0 MB.
    >>>Futher, the compression rate show "1:1" which is also wrong.
    >>>Anyone who can comment this?
    >>>
    >>>Sigurd Evensen

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have exactly the same Problem with a HP 1/9 LTO Autoloader, all blank

    >tapes
    >>are shown with a capacity of 16 MB instead of 100 GB.
    >>
    >>Winfried Lindner

+ Reply to Thread