Exchange restore. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange restore. - Veritas Backup Exec ; My media server is showing that it has been successfully backing up the exchange mailboxes. I went to restore an item today and in the selections it does not show the recent backups in the list. Last backup available according ...

  1. Exchange restore.

    My media server is showing that it has been successfully backing up the exchange
    mailboxes. I went to restore an item today and in the selections it does
    not show the recent backups in the list. Last backup available according
    to the restore is 12/30. How can you show the recent backups in the restore
    selections that were successfully backed up?

    Ken

  2. Re: Exchange restore.

    From the product page at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm,
    click on "search" in the middle column
    then enter "empty catalog" as the search string, and uncheck "Additonal documents"

    "Ken" wrote:

    >My media server is showing that it has been successfully backing up the

    exchange
    >mailboxes. I went to restore an item today and in the selections it does
    >not show the recent backups in the list. Last backup available according
    >to the restore is 12/30. How can you show the recent backups in the restore
    >selections that were successfully backed up?
    >
    >Ken

  3. Re: Exchange restore.

    I believe I found the answer. I am doing multiple backups on multiple servers.
    I have 6 backup jobs and the exchange is the first. The tape maybe full
    and the last backup job is set to overwrite media. It may be overwritting
    the first. I am changing the last/largest job to append and terminate if
    no appendable media is available. Will see tomorrow.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >From the product page at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm,
    >click on "search" in the middle column
    >then enter "empty catalog" as the search string, and uncheck "Additonal

    documents"

    >"Ken" wrote:
    >>
    >>My media server is showing that it has been successfully backing up the

    >exchange
    >>mailboxes. I went to restore an item today and in the selections it does
    >>not show the recent backups in the list. Last backup available according
    >>to the restore is 12/30. How can you show the recent backups in the restore
    >>selections that were successfully backed up?
    >>
    >>Ken

  4. Re: Exchange restore.

    One of the reasons that I prefer overwrite protection of "partial" as opposed
    to "none", with an appropriate media set retention period.

    "Ken" wrote:

    >I believe I found the answer. I am doing multiple backups on multiple servers.
    > I have 6 backup jobs and the exchange is the first. The tape maybe full
    >and the last backup job is set to overwrite media. It may be overwritting
    >the first. I am changing the last/largest job to append and terminate if
    >no appendable media is available. Will see tomorrow.
    >
    >"Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >>
    >>From the product page at http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192055.htm,
    >>click on "search" in the middle column
    >>then enter "empty catalog" as the search string, and uncheck "Additonal

    >documents"
    >>
    >>"Ken" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>My media server is showing that it has been successfully backing up the

    >>exchange
    >>>mailboxes. I went to restore an item today and in the selections it does
    >>>not show the recent backups in the list. Last backup available according
    >>>to the restore is 12/30. How can you show the recent backups in the restore
    >>>selections that were successfully backed up?
    >>>
    >>>Ken

+ Reply to Thread