Remote SQL 'Attach As' username/password - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote SQL 'Attach As' username/password - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I want to backup a remote SQL Server. The media server has the SQL Agent installed, along with all the tools and things, and it can see the remote SQL server in the Selections box, but whenever I try ...

  1. Remote SQL 'Attach As' username/password

    Hi,

    I want to backup a remote SQL Server. The media server has the SQL Agent
    installed, along with all the tools and things, and it can see the remote
    SQL server in the Selections box, but whenever I try to expand the SQL
    Server entry for the remote server BE prompts me for a username and
    password.

    I can see the c$ and e$ shares of the remote server, and I can expand those
    without problem, but it wont let me expand the SQL server ones without
    prompting me for an 'Attach As' username and password. No matter what
    username and password I try, none of them work.

    Any ideas ?

    ADSSupport.net
    http://www.adssupport.net
    Dedicated free Active Directory ServicesT support

    email: oliver.marshall@nospam@adssupport.net

  2. Re: Remote SQL 'Attach As' username/password

    Have you tried the SA account?

    "Oliver Marshall" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to backup a remote SQL Server. The media server has the SQL Agent
    > installed, along with all the tools and things, and it can see the remote
    > SQL server in the Selections box, but whenever I try to expand the SQL
    > Server entry for the remote server BE prompts me for a username and
    > password.
    >
    > I can see the c$ and e$ shares of the remote server, and I can expand

    those
    > without problem, but it wont let me expand the SQL server ones without
    > prompting me for an 'Attach As' username and password. No matter what
    > username and password I try, none of them work.
    >
    > Any ideas ?
    >
    > --
    > ADSSupport.net
    > http://www.adssupport.net
    > Dedicated free Active Directory ServicesT support
    >
    > email: oliver.marshall@nospam@adssupport.net

+ Reply to Thread