Whay max 26 gig? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Whay max 26 gig? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We run Backupexec 8.6 on Win 2000 server and the backupstation is HP20-40 the tapes are DLT4. and we need to backup aprox 30 gig but it does not take more than 26 gig then it will have a new ...

  1. Whay max 26 gig?

    We run Backupexec 8.6 on Win 2000 server and the backupstation
    is HP20-40 the tapes are DLT4.
    and we need to backup aprox 30 gig but it does not take more than 26 gig
    then it will have a new tape.
    We have tested with different compresions set, and new tapes
    we have also used new formated tapes, but no it will not backup more than
    26 gig. Why is it so?

  2. Re: Whay max 26 gig?

    Hi,

    maybe your Data, you wants to Backup, is not compressible e.g. JPG Files or
    MP3 or your 30 GB are already compressed.

    greetings
    Jan
    "Torgny Ahlfors" wrote in message

    > We run Backupexec 8.6 on Win 2000 server and the backupstation
    > is HP20-40 the tapes are DLT4.
    > and we need to backup aprox 30 gig but it does not take more than 26 gig
    > then it will have a new tape.
    > We have tested with different compresions set, and new tapes
    > we have also used new formated tapes, but no it will not backup more than
    > 26 gig. Why is it so?

+ Reply to Thread