Backup from System-State with Remote-Agent in a strange Domain - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup from System-State with Remote-Agent in a strange Domain - Veritas Backup Exec ; When I backup my notebook in the "home"-domain (W2K, SP2, Bent 8.6 + HF) from the notebook (XP, SP1), all works fine - also System-State. When I would like to backup these notebook in a other location (also W2K, Bent ...

  1. Backup from System-State with Remote-Agent in a strange Domain

    When I backup my notebook in the "home"-domain (W2K, SP2, Bent 8.6 + HF)
    from the notebook (XP, SP1), all works fine - also System-State.

    When I would like to backup these notebook in a other location (also W2K,
    Bent 8.6 + HF) (the is also BENT, but in a other domain without trust), I
    can backup my files - but no the System State !

    BENT said:
    Access is denied to Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 - performing standard
    backup.
    (You must be a Backup Operator or an Administrator to use the Remote Agent
    for Windows NT/2000.)
    System State requires Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 for backup and
    restore

    I have test all version of Users for Remote-Agent-Service - no I have no
    idea

    Help ;-(

    Greetings
    Rainer

  2. Re: Backup from System-State with Remote-Agent in a strange Domain

    Hi Rainer,

    did the Backup Exec User in the new Domain have admin rights to your
    notebook? If not give him local admin and than it should work
    "Rainer Felgner" wrote in message
    > When I backup my notebook in the "home"-domain (W2K, SP2, Bent 8.6 + HF)
    > from the notebook (XP, SP1), all works fine - also System-State.
    >
    > When I would like to backup these notebook in a other location (also W2K,
    > Bent 8.6 + HF) (the is also BENT, but in a other domain without trust), I
    > can backup my files - but no the System State !
    >
    > BENT said:
    > Access is denied to Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 - performing standard
    > backup.
    > (You must be a Backup Operator or an Administrator to use the Remote Agent
    > for Windows NT/2000.)
    > System State requires Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 for backup and
    > restore
    >
    > I have test all version of Users for Remote-Agent-Service - no I have no
    > idea
    >
    > Help ;-(
    >
    > Greetings
    > Rainer

  3. Re: Backup from System-State with Remote-Agent in a strange Domain

    Hi Jan,

    i had test local admin and domain admin - don't work
    Rainer

    "Jan Pollnow" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi Rainer,
    >
    > did the Backup Exec User in the new Domain have admin rights to your
    > notebook? If not give him local admin and than it should work
    > "Rainer Felgner" wrote in message
    > > When I backup my notebook in the "home"-domain (W2K, SP2, Bent 8.6 + HF)
    > > from the notebook (XP, SP1), all works fine - also System-State.
    > >
    > > When I would like to backup these notebook in a other location (also

    W2K,
    > > Bent 8.6 + HF) (the is also BENT, but in a other domain without trust),

    > > can backup my files - but no the System State !
    > >
    > > BENT said:
    > > Access is denied to Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 - performing

    standard
    > > backup.
    > > (You must be a Backup Operator or an Administrator to use the Remote

    Agent
    > > for Windows NT/2000.)
    > > System State requires Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 for backup and
    > > restore
    > >
    > > I have test all version of Users for Remote-Agent-Service - no I have no
    > > idea
    > >
    > > Help ;-(
    > >
    > > Greetings
    > > Rainer