Compaq/Sony TSL 10000 Device not responding - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Compaq/Sony TSL 10000 Device not responding - Veritas Backup Exec ; System: Win 2K server on a Dual 500Mhz Compaq Proliant 1850R with a Compaq/Sony TSL 10000 20/40 GB Tape Drive/automloader. I've loaded Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 on this box. BE *seems* to recognize the tape drive, however when it comes ...

  1. Compaq/Sony TSL 10000 Device not responding

    System:
    Win 2K server on a Dual 500Mhz Compaq Proliant 1850R with a Compaq/Sony TSL
    10000 20/40 GB Tape Drive/automloader.

    I've loaded Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 on this box. BE *seems* to recognize
    the tape drive, however when it comes times to run a backup, the backup job
    just hangs as a Pending job, and it doesn't seem like BE makes any attempt
    to access/control the drive. I have what i believe to be the latest TSL10000
    drivers.

    Anybody have a TSL10K working under Win2k/BE 8.5? Any ideas/thoughts/etc?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Compaq/Sony TSL 10000 Device not responding

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/232417.htm

    "Brian" wrote:

    >System:
    >Win 2K server on a Dual 500Mhz Compaq Proliant 1850R with a Compaq/Sony

    TSL
    >10000 20/40 GB Tape Drive/automloader.
    >
    >I've loaded Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 on this box. BE *seems* to recognize
    >the tape drive, however when it comes times to run a backup, the backup

    job
    >just hangs as a Pending job, and it doesn't seem like BE makes any attempt
    >to access/control the drive. I have what i believe to be the latest TSL10000
    >drivers.
    >
    >Anybody have a TSL10K working under Win2k/BE 8.5? Any ideas/thoughts/etc?
    >
    >Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread