Remote Agent for NT/2000 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent for NT/2000 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I've just taken over from someone else who's been setting backup software up on our servers. The Remote Agent for NT/2000 on all the remote systems is running under the local system account on each server. Is this correct or ...

  1. Remote Agent for NT/2000

    I've just taken over from someone else who's been setting backup software up
    on our servers. The Remote Agent for NT/2000 on all the remote systems is
    running under the local system account on each server.

    Is this correct or should it be an account such as the Backup Exec service
    account on the domain which has admin rights and log on as a service, etc?

    Thanks
    Pete

  2. Re: Remote Agent for NT/2000

    LocalSystem is the way that the install sets it up, and should be sufficient.

    "Pete" wrote:
    >I've just taken over from someone else who's been setting backup software

    up
    >on our servers. The Remote Agent for NT/2000 on all the remote systems is
    >running under the local system account on each server.
    >
    >Is this correct or should it be an account such as the Backup Exec service
    >account on the domain which has admin rights and log on as a service, etc?
    >

    >Thanks
    >Pete

  3. Re: Remote Agent for NT/2000

    Thanks again Ken

    Pete.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message

    > LocalSystem is the way that the install sets it up, and should be

    sufficient.

    > "Pete" wrote:
    > >I've just taken over from someone else who's been setting backup software

    > up
    > >on our servers. The Remote Agent for NT/2000 on all the remote systems is
    > >running under the local system account on each server.
    > >
    > >Is this correct or should it be an account such as the Backup Exec

    service
    > >account on the domain which has admin rights and log on as a service,

    etc?

    > >Thanks
    > >Pete

+ Reply to Thread