Backing up Netware Volumes with BENT 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up Netware Volumes with BENT 8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm looking for a way to backup Netware volumes with Backup exec on my 2k server box. I dont have the Remote Agent for Netware. But its been done before on the same backup machine. Any help would be appreciated! ...

  1. Backing up Netware Volumes with BENT 8.5

    I'm looking for a way to backup Netware volumes with Backup exec on my 2k
    server box. I dont have the Remote Agent for Netware. But its been done
    before on the same backup machine.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!!

  2. Re: Backing up Netware Volumes with BENT 8.5

    We use BENT 8.6 on W2K SP2 and use IPX/SPX on NetWare 4.11. Without the
    agent, you get no NDS backup (probably no bindery on NW3). You can use
    NBACKUP on your nw server to get these. Be sure your target service agent
    is loaded (TSAxxx.NLM, depends on nw version). You will have to tell BENT
    to NOT use the agent - I have never done this ;-) In BENT when you define
    your backup job, the agent wants you to use the "Netware Storage Management
    Services" node . . . so with out the agent you may need to use the the
    "Netware and Compatible Network" node in the selection list. Again, we dont
    do this.

    Good luck,
    Devin L. Meade, CNE, MCP
    Network Administrator
    Frankfurt-Short-Bruza
    www.fsb-ae.com
    www.oklahomadome.com

    "Chris Vespermann" wrote in message

    > I'm looking for a way to backup Netware volumes with Backup exec on my 2k
    > server box. I dont have the Remote Agent for Netware. But its been done
    > before on the same backup machine.
    > Any help would be appreciated!
    > Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread