We have an Exabyte VXA-2 Auto loader with Veritas 8.6 on a Windows 2000 Advanced
Server and when I try to restore from tape to verify that the tape is good
the drive gets knocked offline everytime I run it. I go to the configuration
tab in the drive properties and disable and then reenable and the drive comes
back until it trys to run the restore job again. I tried telling the job
to pull from all drives, manually loading the tape from the LCD robot utility
and from the robot scsi interface. None of them work. This is a new drive
and the first successful backup was run last night. 102GB on an 80/160 disc.
I wouldn't think compression would matter for restoring purposes but...
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Brian