Exchange 2000 Agent License Questions - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange 2000 Agent License Questions - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using BE 8.6. Have 3 exchange servers that I backup regularly. I currently own the agent for Exchange 2000. I have built a 4th server for testing restores and other stuff. However, I can not see the information store in ...

  1. Exchange 2000 Agent License Questions

    Using BE 8.6. Have 3 exchange servers that I backup regularly. I currently
    own the agent for Exchange 2000. I have built a 4th server for testing restores
    and other stuff. However, I can not see the information store in BE. Only
    the mailboxes. I have gone through all the docs from Veritas and I am very
    familar with Exchange so I am pretty sure I have the permissions set right.
    My question is: Does the agent for Exchange have a limit to how many servers
    you can backup? Do I need to purchase another agent for Exchange for this
    to work?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Exchange 2000 Agent License Questions

    Exchange Module is licensed per Exchange Server. Four Exchange Servers, four
    licenses

    You also need to have the Remote Agent on each non BackupServer. Again,
    licensed per server.

    "Mike" wrote:

    >Using BE 8.6. Have 3 exchange servers that I backup regularly. I currently
    >own the agent for Exchange 2000. I have built a 4th server for testing

    restores
    >and other stuff. However, I can not see the information store in BE. Only
    >the mailboxes. I have gone through all the docs from Veritas and I am very
    >familar with Exchange so I am pretty sure I have the permissions set right.
    > My question is: Does the agent for Exchange have a limit to how many

    servers
    >you can backup? Do I need to purchase another agent for Exchange for this
    >to work?
    >
    >Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread