Access denied to file?when backup individual mail boxes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Access denied to file?when backup individual mail boxes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi: Can anyone help me with the problem below? when backing up mail boxes, the following error message shows up once a while causing the backup job fails. When it happens, it usually just about some mails for one perticullar ...

  1. Access denied to file?when backup individual mail boxes

    Hi:

    Can anyone help me with the problem below?

    when backing up mail boxes, the following error message shows up once a while
    causing the backup job fails.

    When it happens, it usually just about some mails for one perticullar user.

    Access denied to file ?Barbara Judge [bjudge]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?Re:
    strange symbols (to me anyway)

    Access denied to file ?Barbara Judge [bjudge]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?Read:
    Request schedule for AMS 02u1711 and 02U1

    Please help! thanks
    Joy

  2. Re: Access denied to file?when backup individual mail boxes

    Hello Joy.

    I have the same problem when backing up Exchange 2000 mailboxes.
    A similar file access error on a users mailbox fails the entire job.
    I'll keep looking myself, if you find out the solution let me know.

    Thanks.

    Carlos.

    "Joy Wang" wrote:

    >Hi:
    >
    >Can anyone help me with the problem below?
    >
    >when backing up mail boxes, the following error message shows up once a

    while
    >causing the backup job fails.
    >
    >When it happens, it usually just about some mails for one perticullar user.
    >

    >Access denied to file ?Barbara Judge [bjudge]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?Re:
    >strange symbols (to me anyway)
    >
    >Access denied to file ?Barbara Judge [bjudge]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?Read:
    >Request schedule for AMS 02u1711 and 02U1
    >
    >Please help! thanks
    >Joy

  3. Re: Access denied to file?when backup individual mail boxes

    Has anyone sorted this out?

    I have a problem with users I have moved from one storage group to another
    in Exchange enterprise. Only some of the items in the users mailbox fail.
    The majority of items are backed up. 58 items of 582 items failed for one
    user.

    Any ideas?

    "Carlos" wrote:

    >Hello Joy.
    >
    >I have the same problem when backing up Exchange 2000 mailboxes.
    >A similar file access error on a users mailbox fails the entire job.
    >I'll keep looking myself, if you find out the solution let me know.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Carlos.
    >
    >"Joy Wang" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi:
    >>
    >>Can anyone help me with the problem below?
    >>
    >>when backing up mail boxes, the following error message shows up once a

    >while
    >>causing the backup job fails.
    >>
    >>When it happens, it usually just about some mails for one perticullar user.
    >>

    >>Access denied to file ?Barbara Judge [bjudge]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?Re:
    >>strange symbols (to me anyway)
    >>
    >>Access denied to file ?Barbara Judge [bjudge]?Top of Information Store?Inbox?Read:
    >>Request schedule for AMS 02u1711 and 02U1
    >>
    >>Please help! thanks
    >>Joy

+ Reply to Thread