Remote agent inst fails on W2K Domain Controller - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote agent inst fails on W2K Domain Controller - Veritas Backup Exec ; I was unable to install a remote agent v8.6 on a Windows 2000 domain controller. I get the following message: The account name and/or password is not valid. Please re-enter the lgin information and try again I know that I ...

  1. Remote agent inst fails on W2K Domain Controller

    I was unable to install a remote agent v8.6 on a Windows 2000 domain
    controller.

    I get the following message:
    The account name and/or password is not valid. Please re-enter the lgin
    information and try again

    I know that I do not enter incorrect login information, because when I
    enter invalid login infos, I get another message error:
    Unable to connect to WindowsNT/2000 system. You may have entered an
    invalid .......

    It looks like the installation wizard prompts for a local administrator
    authentication
    (Local Machine name, Administrator name and password), but local
    administrator does not exist on a Domain Controller !

    Any help welcome.

    Thanks in advance.

    Claude-Alain Haerri

  2. Re: Remote agent inst fails on W2K Domain Controller

    Hello,

    I had the same problem. The solution was to create a special user and password.
    When installing the agent I manually entered the path (a dedecated root domain
    controller) and when prompted for the username and password I put the domain
    name first then the username and password. ( domainame\username )Note: the
    user also belonged to the domain admin group of the root domain.

    Hope it helps.

    Rick

    Claude-Alain Haerri wrote:
    >I was unable to install a remote agent v8.6 on a Windows 2000 domain
    >controller.
    >
    >I get the following message:
    >The account name and/or password is not valid. Please re-enter the lgin
    >information and try again
    >
    >I know that I do not enter incorrect login information, because when I
    >enter invalid login infos, I get another message error:
    >Unable to connect to WindowsNT/2000 system. You may have entered an
    >invalid .......
    >
    >It looks like the installation wizard prompts for a local administrator
    >authentication
    >(Local Machine name, Administrator name and password), but local
    >administrator does not exist on a Domain Controller !
    >
    >Any help welcome.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Claude-Alain Haerri

+ Reply to Thread