SDT-10000 and BENT 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SDT-10000 and BENT 8.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, i have a Compaq Server (Proliant 1600) running NT4.0 with SP6a, BENT 8.0, and a 20/40GB DAT (SDT10000). I am not able to make the BENT see the DAT Drive. Ive installed the Compaq drivers (sp13018) and only NTBACKUP ...

  1. SDT-10000 and BENT 8.0

    Hi, i have a Compaq Server (Proliant 1600) running NT4.0 with SP6a, BENT
    8.0, and a 20/40GB DAT (SDT10000).
    I am not able to make the BENT see the DAT Drive.
    Ive installed the Compaq drivers (sp13018) and only NTBACKUP works fine
    (BENT does not see the drive).
    I've installed the BENT driver (SONY 4mm) with the same result (NTBACKUP
    works, BENT does not see the drive).
    Is there a solution for this??

  2. Re: SDT-10000 and BENT 8.0

    Im having exactly this problem!!!

    Compaq Server (Proliant 1600) running NT4.0 with SP6a, BENT
    8.5, and a 20/40GB DAT (SDT10000).

    Uninstalling and installing Backupexec from scratch doesnt solve it eather...

    Help...

    "Mario Filipe" wrote:
    >Hi, i have a Compaq Server (Proliant 1600) running NT4.0 with SP6a, BENT
    >8.0, and a 20/40GB DAT (SDT10000).
    >I am not able to make the BENT see the DAT Drive.
    >Ive installed the Compaq drivers (sp13018) and only NTBACKUP works fine
    >(BENT does not see the drive).
    >I've installed the BENT driver (SONY 4mm) with the same result (NTBACKUP
    >works, BENT does not see the drive).
    >Is there a solution for this??

  3. Solution! Re: SDT-10000 and BENT 8.0

    Replace SCSI driver Symbios Logic C810 with the newest from Compaq and the
    device shows in BackupExec!

    "Johan" wrote:

    >Im having exactly this problem!!!
    >
    >Compaq Server (Proliant 1600) running NT4.0 with SP6a, BENT
    >8.5, and a 20/40GB DAT (SDT10000).
    >
    >Uninstalling and installing Backupexec from scratch doesnt solve it eather...
    >
    >Help...
    >
    >"Mario Filipe" wrote:
    >>Hi, i have a Compaq Server (Proliant 1600) running NT4.0 with SP6a, BENT
    >>8.0, and a 20/40GB DAT (SDT10000).
    >>I am not able to make the BENT see the DAT Drive.
    >>Ive installed the Compaq drivers (sp13018) and only NTBACKUP works fine
    >>(BENT does not see the drive).
    >>I've installed the BENT driver (SONY 4mm) with the same result (NTBACKUP
    >>works, BENT does not see the drive).
    >>Is there a solution for this??

+ Reply to Thread