Bad Media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Bad Media - Veritas Backup Exec ; Running Veritas BU 8.5 on Win2K Server with HP SureStore DLT 70. Able to inventory, erase, label, etc. old tapes just fine. Running Veritas BU 8.6 on Win2K Server with Overland DLT LoaderXpress Model LXL1B10. Want to reuse old tapes ...

  1. Bad Media

    Running Veritas BU 8.5 on Win2K Server with HP SureStore DLT 70.
    Able to inventory, erase, label, etc. old tapes just fine.

    Running Veritas BU 8.6 on Win2K Server with Overland DLT LoaderXpress Model
    LXL1B10.
    Want to reuse old tapes used with 8.5 and HP SureStore.
    Cannot Inventory, erase, label, etc. All show BAD MEDIA.

    I can take the tape out of the LoaderXpress, put it
    in the SureStore DLT and inventory, erase, label, etc.

    Why can't I use any tapes originally used on the SureStore DLT 70 with the
    LoaderXpress?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.... have too much invested in media
    to throw it away.

  2. Re: Bad Media

    Nevermind .. found my answer ...
    http://www.fujifilmmediasource.com/s...t/DLT1VS02.pdf

    Cannot use DLT IV tapes written by a DLT Drive in a DLT1 Drive.

    "Barry" wrote:

    >Running Veritas BU 8.5 on Win2K Server with HP SureStore DLT 70.
    >Able to inventory, erase, label, etc. old tapes just fine.
    >
    >Running Veritas BU 8.6 on Win2K Server with Overland DLT LoaderXpress Model
    >LXL1B10.
    >Want to reuse old tapes used with 8.5 and HP SureStore.
    >Cannot Inventory, erase, label, etc. All show BAD MEDIA.
    >
    >I can take the tape out of the LoaderXpress, put it
    >in the SureStore DLT and inventory, erase, label, etc.
    >
    >Why can't I use any tapes originally used on the SureStore DLT 70 with the
    >LoaderXpress?
    >
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated.... have too much invested in media
    >to throw it away.

  3. Re: Bad Media

    You can if you degauss the tapes; services out there will degauss tapes at
    3-5 bucks a tape. Search the web

    "Barry" wrote in message

    > Nevermind .. found my answer ...
    > http://www.fujifilmmediasource.com/s...t/DLT1VS02.pdf
    >
    > Cannot use DLT IV tapes written by a DLT Drive in a DLT1 Drive.
    >

    > "Barry" wrote:
    > >
    > >Running Veritas BU 8.5 on Win2K Server with HP SureStore DLT 70.
    > >Able to inventory, erase, label, etc. old tapes just fine.
    > >
    > >Running Veritas BU 8.6 on Win2K Server with Overland DLT LoaderXpress

    Model
    > >LXL1B10.
    > >Want to reuse old tapes used with 8.5 and HP SureStore.
    > >Cannot Inventory, erase, label, etc. All show BAD MEDIA.
    > >
    > >I can take the tape out of the LoaderXpress, put it
    > >in the SureStore DLT and inventory, erase, label, etc.
    > >
    > >Why can't I use any tapes originally used on the SureStore DLT 70 with

    the
    > >LoaderXpress?
    > >
    > >Any help would be greatly appreciated.... have too much invested in media
    > >to throw it away.

+ Reply to Thread