temporary catalog files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on temporary catalog files - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running BackupExec 8.5 Rev. 3571 on a Windows 2000 domain controller. i am backing up C, D, System state and using a remote agent to backup the C, D and System State for a second 2000 Server. The ...

  1. temporary catalog files

    I am running BackupExec 8.5 Rev. 3571 on a Windows 2000 domain controller.
    i am backing up C, D, System state and using a remote agent to backup the
    C, D and System State for a second 2000 Server.
    The drives are two NS-20 TR-5(1 scsi and 1 ide) together in a drive pool.

    my full backup hits about 27gigs.
    at about the 21 gig mark the first tape is filled and should spill over to
    the 2nd.
    this has happened once(after stopping and restaring all BE related services
    then immediatly running the backup job).
    Every other time i get this error as soon as the job tries to switch tapes:
    Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.
    the job then fails. it is not practical for me to reboot the machine prior
    to each job or to restart the services(the job runs after hours)

  2. Re: temporary catalog files

    sorry, would also like to add that there are several gigs free on the catalog
    drive, so this is not the issue

    "Jason Fiffy" wrote:

    >I am running BackupExec 8.5 Rev. 3571 on a Windows 2000 domain controller.
    >i am backing up C, D, System state and using a remote agent to backup the
    >C, D and System State for a second 2000 Server.
    >The drives are two NS-20 TR-5(1 scsi and 1 ide) together in a drive pool.
    >
    >my full backup hits about 27gigs.
    >at about the 21 gig mark the first tape is filled and should spill over

    >the 2nd.
    >this has happened once(after stopping and restaring all BE related services
    >then immediatly running the backup job).
    >Every other time i get this error as soon as the job tries to switch tapes:
    >Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.
    >the job then fails. it is not practical for me to reboot the machine prior
    >to each job or to restart the services(the job runs after hours)

+ Reply to Thread