Backup remote servers? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup remote servers? - Veritas Backup Exec ; We currently use BackupExec 8.6 (Win2000 Server), on our Exchange server only, but I would like to start backing up other Win2000 Servers on the same subnet. I've created user-defined Selection and chosen it for backup. Do I still need ...

  1. Backup remote servers?

    We currently use BackupExec 8.6 (Win2000 Server), on our Exchange server only,
    but I would like to start backing up other Win2000 Servers on the same subnet.
    I've created user-defined Selection and chosen it for backup. Do I still
    need the Remote Client? Is this the best way to backup remote servers?

  2. Re: Backup remote servers?

    Yes, you do need the Remote Agent for each remote server

    It's the only way to connect in ANY way with v8.6

    Carlton Whitmore wrote:

    >We currently use BackupExec 8.6 (Win2000 Server), on our Exchange server only,
    >but I would like to start backing up other Win2000 Servers on the same subnet.
    >I've created user-defined Selection and chosen it for backup. Do I still
    >need the Remote Client? Is this the best way to backup remote servers?

+ Reply to Thread