Recommended SQL Agent Backup Procedures - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Recommended SQL Agent Backup Procedures - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello all: We recently deployed SQL and the Veritas SQL Agent for BE8.6. There are several options on the 'SQL' tab of the backup job properties dialog box. Which is the best option, in terms of being able to roll ...

  1. Recommended SQL Agent Backup Procedures

    Hello all:

    We recently deployed SQL and the Veritas SQL Agent for BE8.6. There are
    several options on the 'SQL' tab of the backup job properties dialog box.
    Which is the best option, in terms of being able to roll back transactions,
    or restore records from a certain point in time?

    Is there somewhere that I can learn the differences between the 4 SQL backup
    options, and the benefits and pitfalls of each?

    I had initally set it up to do a differential backup nightly, and a full
    backup once a week. I'm not sure this is the best option though.

    Thanks,
    Jim F.

  2. Re: Recommended SQL Agent Backup Procedures

    Nevermind - found all the info I needed on the KB.

  3. Re: Recommended SQL Agent Backup Procedures

    Oh - but perhaps people would like to share their SQL backup strategies -
    like what's worked and not worked for them, etc. What they've found to come
    in handy or be a problem.

+ Reply to Thread