Restore - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi Everyone. I was trying to figure out how to restore a server (BENT 8.0 upg to 8.5 on Win 2K SP3) if I had a complete disaster. When I go through the restore wizard it will only give me ...

  1. Restore

    Hi Everyone.

    I was trying to figure out how to restore a server (BENT 8.0 upg to 8.5 on
    Win 2K SP3) if I had a complete disaster. When I go through the restore
    wizard it will only give me options for drives to restore from old backup
    files. What happens if the server totally crashes and I need to restore
    from a tape in the tape drive? How do I do that? I can't find an option
    under the restore wizard the will find my HP Tape device and restore any
    data from the tape. Can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Restore

    Joe Balderson wrote:

    > I was trying to figure out how to restore a server (BENT 8.0 upg to 8.5
    > on Win 2K SP3) if I had a complete disaster. When I go through the
    > restore wizard it will only give me options for drives to restore from
    > old backup files. What happens if the server totally crashes and I need
    > to restore from a tape in the tape drive? How do I do that? I can't find
    > an option under the restore wizard the will find my HP Tape device and
    > restore any data from the tape. Can anyone help?

    Have you read the section titled "Disaster Recovery of a Local Windows 2000
    Computer (includes non-authoritative restore of Active Directory for a
    domain controller)" in the manual?

+ Reply to Thread