Backup a folder with over 3000 subfolders stops at 1640 folders - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup a folder with over 3000 subfolders stops at 1640 folders - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a backup job, using BE8.6 for W2K Advanced Server, that performs a full backup of a folder with over 3000 sub-folders. Each sub-folder may contain anywhere from 1 to hundreds of files. The folder is within a network ...

  1. Backup a folder with over 3000 subfolders stops at 1640 folders

    I have a backup job, using BE8.6 for W2K Advanced Server, that performs a
    full backup of a folder with over 3000 sub-folders. Each sub-folder may
    contain anywhere from 1 to hundreds of files. The folder is within a network
    virtual shared drive that physically resides on an EMC SAN lun and attached
    to a pair of W2K Advanced Server clustered devices. BE reports that the
    backup completed successfully. Not so when I check the files on the tape
    as cataloged or comparing the total size of the backup to the known size
    of the folder. BE seems to stop at 1636 or 1637 or 1640 sub-directories.
    When I check the selections, it is correct. If anyone knows of an existing
    limitation to the number of sub-folders that backup can handle, please let
    me know.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Backup a folder with over 3000 subfolders stops at 1640 folders

    You may need to contact Veritas directly, either by phone or via the
    E-Mail support page at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/emai...BEWNT&crumb=on
    (URL may be wrapped)

    Ray Tchou wrote:

    >I have a backup job, using BE8.6 for W2K Advanced Server, that performs a
    >full backup of a folder with over 3000 sub-folders. Each sub-folder may
    >contain anywhere from 1 to hundreds of files. The folder is within a network
    >virtual shared drive that physically resides on an EMC SAN lun and attached
    >to a pair of W2K Advanced Server clustered devices. BE reports that the
    >backup completed successfully. Not so when I check the files on the tape
    >as cataloged or comparing the total size of the backup to the known size
    >of the folder. BE seems to stop at 1636 or 1637 or 1640 sub-directories.
    > When I check the selections, it is correct. If anyone knows of an existing
    >limitation to the number of sub-folders that backup can handle, please let
    >me know.
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread