Install IDR - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Install IDR - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am having problems installing IDR on a new Dell Server - Power Edge 2600. It is running Win 2K SP 2. I have installed BE 8.6, 2 Remote Agents for our two Novell Servers, File Open Option for Win ...

  1. Install IDR

    I am having problems installing IDR on a new Dell Server - Power Edge
    2600.

    It is running Win 2K SP 2. I have installed BE 8.6, 2 Remote Agents for
    our two Novell Servers, File Open Option for Win 2K.

    When I tried to install IDR, nothing seems to have happened. I went
    through the install, like the book states - using the Control
    Panel-Add/Remove programs, etc...I eneterd the serial number for IDR
    when I was asked. It also showed the serials number for BE, 2 Novell
    Agents and the OFO. I hit the Next button and it shows a list of things
    to install. The Novell Agents and OFO are checked and the BE main
    program is greyed out. The IDR isn't showing the the box. I unchecked
    the 2 Novell Agents and the OFO since they are installed already. I hit
    next and the program finishes.

    I run BE and under Tools, eveything about IDR is greyed out like it
    wasn't installed but when I go through the install process, the serial
    number is showing as being installed. If I go to the help....about for
    BE, it doesn't show IDR in the list of items.

    I have also verified that I put in the correct serial number for IDR.
    BE is version 8.6.

    Can anyone help me with this problem?

    TIA,
    Dave

  2. Re: Install IDR

    make sure this isn't Windows 2k SBS (small business server)...if so, IDR doesn't
    work so they made sure it wouldn't install on sbs.

  3. Re: Install IDR

    Verified, it is not SBS. It is Windows 2000 Server.

    Dave

    Jesse wrote:

    > make sure this isn't Windows 2k SBS (small business server)...if so, IDR doesn't
    > work so they made sure it wouldn't install on sbs.

  4. Re: Install IDR

    I found my problem. I needed an extra set of eyes. During the install, I kept
    hitting the button to install options on remote servers instead of on the local
    server.

    Dave

    Dave - Freedonia wrote:

    > Verified, it is not SBS. It is Windows 2000 Server.
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > Jesse wrote:
    >
    > > make sure this isn't Windows 2k SBS (small business server)...if so, IDR doesn't
    > > work so they made sure it wouldn't install on sbs.

+ Reply to Thread