Slow throughput after upgrading to Windows 2000 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Slow throughput after upgrading to Windows 2000 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have just upgraded a file server to Windows 2000 and backups are now taking approximately 8 hours. Prior to the upgrade they were taking about 7 minutes (with the remote agent installed). I reinstalled the remote agent and the ...

  1. Slow throughput after upgrading to Windows 2000

    I have just upgraded a file server to Windows 2000 and backups are now taking
    approximately 8 hours. Prior to the upgrade they were taking about 7 minutes
    (with the remote agent installed). I reinstalled the remote agent and the
    open file option, but this has not helped.

    Any info would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    NTD

  2. Re: Slow throughput after upgrading to Windows 2000

    Most likely cause is Auto-Negotiate on your server NIC(s). Hard set to whatever
    is appropriate for your network

    "NTD" wrote:

    >I have just upgraded a file server to Windows 2000 and backups are now taking
    >approximately 8 hours. Prior to the upgrade they were taking about 7 minutes
    >(with the remote agent installed). I reinstalled the remote agent and the
    >open file option, but this has not helped.
    >
    >Any info would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >NTD

+ Reply to Thread