BE v8.6 2000 - Agents & OFA - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE v8.6 2000 - Agents & OFA - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Dell Win2K server, Dell PV LTO and BEv8.6, as part of the network backup - netware v5 & v6 servers with NW OFA and other NT/2000 server will be backed up. Prob i'm having is during the ...

  1. BE v8.6 2000 - Agents & OFA

    I have a Dell Win2K server, Dell PV LTO and BEv8.6, as part of the network
    backup - netware v5 & v6 servers with NW OFA and other NT/2000 server will
    be backed up.

    Prob i'm having is during the NW agent and NW OFA agent installs - i can't
    tell if it actually has installed and works, there are no agent screens on
    the netware servers - is this correct?

    Also when attempting to install an NT/2000 agent onto a 2000pro worksation,
    BE keeps displaying that no servers can be found, manually inserting the
    workstation sees the 2000pro wkstn, but it does not appear to push an agent
    onto the wkstn - any ideas?

    thanks in advance!

  2. Re: BE v8.6 2000 - Agents & OFA

    Here are some pointers on the Netware agent:

    1. Is the Netware agent installed on all of the Netware servers?
    2. Is the agent active on the Netware servers? To see type MODULES B* and
    look for BKUPEXEC.NLM and BEREMOTE.NLM. If these are not there, type
    BESTART to load them.
    3. In BENT goto Tools / Options / Network and check "Enable agents using
    NetWare IPX/SPX protocol".
    4. When you define your backup job, be sure and use the "Netware Storage
    Management Services" node and not the "Netware and Compatible Network" node
    in the selection list.

    I have never used OFA, sorry. I don't think that W2K Pro needs an agent,
    but W2K Server does.

    HTH,

    DL Meade, CNE, MCP
    Network Administrator
    Frankfurt-Short-Bruza
    www.fsb-ae.com
    www.oklahomadome.com
    "recardo" wrote in message news:3ddcd27c@hronntp01....

    > I have a Dell Win2K server, Dell PV LTO and BEv8.6, as part of the network
    > backup - netware v5 & v6 servers with NW OFA and other NT/2000 server

    will
    > be backed up.
    >
    > Prob i'm having is during the NW agent and NW OFA agent installs - i can't
    > tell if it actually has installed and works, there are no agent screens on
    > the netware servers - is this correct?
    >
    > Also when attempting to install an NT/2000 agent onto a 2000pro

    worksation,
    > BE keeps displaying that no servers can be found, manually inserting the
    > workstation sees the 2000pro wkstn, but it does not appear to push an

    agent
    > onto the wkstn - any ideas?
    >
    > thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread