IDR Question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR Question - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi guys... I'm not sure if I understand the IDR structure...... I have 4 servers, 1 which runs Backup Exec, and 3 that have Remote Agent installed. When I create the CD on the Main Server, is that the only ...

  1. IDR Question

    Hi guys...

    I'm not sure if I understand the IDR structure......

    I have 4 servers, 1 which runs Backup Exec, and 3 that have Remote Agent
    installed.

    When I create the CD on the Main Server, is that the only CD I have to
    create and it will work to recover the remaining 3 serves, or do I have have
    to made a CD from each machine?

    Thanks,

    Mark

  2. Re: IDR Question

    Hi,

    IMHO you only need this one CD but is important that you update with every
    backup your IDR-Files (may on the floppy or another network path)
    so that when you have to recorvery you have the latest information about
    your systems.

    the IDR-Cd of Veritas is nothinge else than a silent boot-CD of W2k.

    We backup 2 Servers with BE and 1 CD only and it works fine...so it should
    work at your enviroment also.

    (don't forget to license 1 IDR-License for your BE-Server and 3
    Remote-IDR-License
    for the other Servers, 'cause Remote Agent and Remote-IDR-Agent-License is
    NOT the same

    HTH

    werner Steinegger

    "Mark" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi guys...
    >
    > I'm not sure if I understand the IDR structure......
    >
    > I have 4 servers, 1 which runs Backup Exec, and 3 that have Remote Agent
    > installed.
    >
    > When I create the CD on the Main Server, is that the only CD I have to
    > create and it will work to recover the remaining 3 serves, or do I have

    have
    > to made a CD from each machine?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark