Overwrite Protection INFINITE! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Overwrite Protection INFINITE! - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there any way to erase a tape that has been set to have Overwrite Protection INFINITE? Veritas Support suggested I turn on this option. However, he didn't go into the fact that the default setting is to never allow ...

  1. Overwrite Protection INFINITE!

    Is there any way to erase a tape that has been set to have Overwrite Protection
    INFINITE?

    Veritas Support suggested I turn on this option. However, he didn't go into
    the fact that the default setting is to never allow the tape to get overwriten!
    Now I have 12 tapes that I can't use.

    Please tell me there is a solution other than buying new tapes.

    Thanks ahead of time.

  2. Re: Overwrite Protection INFINITE!

    just put it in the scratch media container. by doing this it removes the protection,
    and the job will pick the tape up from here and puts it in the container
    where it would be as stated in the job.

    good luck!@
    Tom

    "Cheetah" wrote:

    >Is there any way to erase a tape that has been set to have Overwrite Protection
    >INFINITE?
    >
    >Veritas Support suggested I turn on this option. However, he didn't go

    into
    >the fact that the default setting is to never allow the tape to get overwriten!
    > Now I have 12 tapes that I can't use.
    >
    >Please tell me there is a solution other than buying new tapes.
    >
    >Thanks ahead of time.

+ Reply to Thread