Backup failed, but no errors in logfile?? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup failed, but no errors in logfile?? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Dear all, I have Backup exec 7.2 and just have installed a new Quantum SDLT drive(110/220) and I get a backup Failed state after every backup job, but there are no errors to be found in the logs. It only ...

  1. Backup failed, but no errors in logfile??

    Dear all,
    I have Backup exec 7.2 and just have installed a new Quantum SDLT drive(110/220)
    and I get a backup Failed state after every backup job, but there are no
    errors to be found in the logs. It only says in one of them that it ended
    in an error state and that I should examine recent event log entries and
    job history. Did this, but can't find anything... I did see a lot of soft
    errors(400K :-( ) any ideas anyone?? Please Help!!

  2. Re: Backup failed, but no errors in logfile??

    Anything in Eventviewer (could be a hardware problem)
    "Tom" wrote in message

    > Dear all,
    > I have Backup exec 7.2 and just have installed a new Quantum SDLT

    drive(110/220)
    > and I get a backup Failed state after every backup job, but there are no
    > errors to be found in the logs. It only says in one of them that it ended
    > in an error state and that I should examine recent event log entries and
    > job history. Did this, but can't find anything... I did see a lot of soft
    > errors(400K :-( ) any ideas anyone?? Please Help!!

  3. Re: Backup failed, but no errors in logfile??

    Nope....checked everything,...in eventviewer it just states this same message
    again to check eventlogs and job history...
    I checked all logs, relevant or not, but nothing that could remotely lead
    to a solution...
    it did backup all the files, completed the job, all verified succesfully,
    but still status failed at the bottom.
    It backuped 107 GB, where the unit could do 110, or 220 compressed, tapes
    are brand new, so is the unit, and I even cleaned it allready.
    The soft write errors are also a concerning matter....what does it mean,
    why do i get them.

    "amyb" wrote:
    >Anything in Eventviewer (could be a hardware problem)
    >"Tom" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Dear all,
    >> I have Backup exec 7.2 and just have installed a new Quantum SDLT

    >drive(110/220)
    >> and I get a backup Failed state after every backup job, but there are

    no
    >> errors to be found in the logs. It only says in one of them that it ended
    >> in an error state and that I should examine recent event log entries and
    >> job history. Did this, but can't find anything... I did see a lot of soft
    >> errors(400K :-( ) any ideas anyone?? Please Help!!

  4. Re: Backup failed, but no errors in logfile??

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191165.htm for a list of
    reasons a job may be marked FAILED

    or post a copy of the log so we can take a look.

    Tom wrote:

    >Nope....checked everything,...in eventviewer it just states this same message
    >again to check eventlogs and job history...
    >I checked all logs, relevant or not, but nothing that could remotely lead
    >to a solution...
    >it did backup all the files, completed the job, all verified succesfully,
    >but still status failed at the bottom.
    >It backuped 107 GB, where the unit could do 110, or 220 compressed, tapes
    >are brand new, so is the unit, and I even cleaned it allready.
    >The soft write errors are also a concerning matter....what does it mean,
    >why do i get them.
    >

    >"amyb" wrote:
    >

    >>Anything in Eventviewer (could be a hardware problem)
    >>"Tom" wrote in message
    >>

    >>>Dear all,
    >>>I have Backup exec 7.2 and just have installed a new Quantum SDLT
    >>>

    >>drive(110/220)
    >>

    >>>and I get a backup Failed state after every backup job, but there are
    >>>

    >no
    >

    >>>errors to be found in the logs. It only says in one of them that it ended
    >>>in an error state and that I should examine recent event log entries and
    >>>job history. Did this, but can't find anything... I did see a lot of soft
    >>>errors(400K :-( ) any ideas anyone?? Please Help!!

+ Reply to Thread