Backup Failure - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Failure - Veritas Backup Exec ; I recently renamed a folder that used to be backed up every night. Since then my backup keeps failing stateing that it is unable to attach to \\servername\\old folder name. I looked in my selection tab of the job and ...

  1. Backup Failure

    I recently renamed a folder that used to be backed up every night. Since then
    my backup keeps failing stateing that it is unable to attach to \\servername\\old
    folder name. I looked in my selection tab of the job and of course that folder
    is not there. How/ where can I tell backup exec to forget about this folder
    since it was deleted?

  2. Re: Backup Failure

    If the folder that you deleted was a shared folder, you will have to add the
    folder back in and share it the same as it was before. Then remove the sharing
    and then you can remove the folder. Backup exec gets lost when you pull
    the covers out from under a shared folder without first removing the share
    in Win 2k.

    Hope that helps.

    Allen

    "Sam" wrote:

    >I recently renamed a folder that used to be backed up every night. Since

    then
    >my backup keeps failing stateing that it is unable to attach to \\servername\\old
    >folder name. I looked in my selection tab of the job and of course that

    folder
    >is not there. How/ where can I tell backup exec to forget about this folder
    >since it was deleted?

  3. Re: Backup Failure

    Edit the job, choose selections, text mode, if the folder exists there,
    then delete and it should be gone for good.

    Sam wrote:

    >I recently renamed a folder that used to be backed up every night. Since then
    >my backup keeps failing stateing that it is unable to attach to \\servername\\old
    >folder name. I looked in my selection tab of the job and of course that folder
    >is not there. How/ where can I tell backup exec to forget about this folder
    >since it was deleted?

+ Reply to Thread