Adding tape drives units - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Adding tape drives units - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello everybody, I'm running BackupExec 8.6 for Windows 2000 Server. I need to add more DLT units to my network as the amount of information is growing. I'm wondering what is better. To add internal units to other servers or ...

  1. Adding tape drives units

    Hello everybody,
    I'm running BackupExec 8.6 for Windows 2000 Server.
    I need to add more DLT units to my network as the amount of information is
    growing. I'm wondering what is better. To add internal units to other servers
    or to add external DLTs to the server running BackupExec.
    Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
    Regards, George.

  2. Re: Adding tape drives units

    Please, ignore my posting.
    I found all the answers I needed on postings 48485, 51312 and 29511.
    Thank you all and have a nice day :-))
    George.

    "George" wrote:

    >Hello everybody,
    >I'm running BackupExec 8.6 for Windows 2000 Server.
    >I need to add more DLT units to my network as the amount of information

    is
    >growing. I'm wondering what is better. To add internal units to other servers
    >or to add external DLTs to the server running BackupExec.
    >Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
    >Regards, George.

  3. Re: Adding tape drives units

    At one time I had 6 DLT7000s hanging off a PII450/640MB RAM on three dedicated
    SCSI channels. Backing up over 100MB ethernet I could sustain over 300 MB/min
    on all six drives, so multiple drives on the same server shouldn't be a problem.

    If you add more Backup Servers, you WILL need to purchase extra copies of
    BackupExec

    "George" wrote:

    >Hello everybody,
    >I'm running BackupExec 8.6 for Windows 2000 Server.
    >I need to add more DLT units to my network as the amount of information

    is
    >growing. I'm wondering what is better. To add internal units to other servers
    >or to add external DLTs to the server running BackupExec.
    >Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
    >Regards, George.

+ Reply to Thread