Missing Restore selections - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Missing Restore selections - Veritas Backup Exec ; All of the sudden I have nothing listed in the restore selections either by volume or Media and the root check box is grayed......

  1. Missing Restore selections

    All of the sudden I have nothing listed in the restore selections either by
    volume or Media and the root check box is grayed...

  2. Re: Missing Restore selections

    Hi :

    I extracted the following information from one of the Veritas Technotes.
    Hope it helps

    This behavior may be due to a corruption in the CATALOG index file,
    "BeTopCat.idx".

    To resolve the issue by replacing the catalog index file, perform the
    following:

    1. Close Backup Exec.

    2. In Control Panel | Services, stop all the Backup Exec services.

    3. Delete the BeTopCat.idx file located in the \BackupExec\NT\CATALOGS
    subfolder

    4. Delete any of the temporary files from CATALOGS subfolder:

    a.. *.TMP
    b.. *.SM - (temporary CATALOG files)
    c.. *.FDD - (temporary CATALOG files)
    d.. QTC*.* - (temporary CATALOG files)
    5. In Control Panel | Services, restart all of the Backup Exec services.

    6. Open Backup Exec and go to the Restore Selections tab. A list of backup
    sets should now be available for restore.

    "Bob" wrote in message

    > All of the sudden I have nothing listed in the restore selections either

    by
    > volume or Media and the root check box is grayed...

  3. Re: Missing Restore selections

    That didn't do it. I followed instruction two the letter but nothing shows
    under restore selections. The Catalog directory is 400mb large with allot
    of files named like "{FB55BC07-9500-4E82-A425-60F151652370}.U01". After re-starting
    the services and running backup exec that catalog directory didn't create
    a new betopcat.idx file...

    "Seli" wrote:
    >Hi :
    >
    >I extracted the following information from one of the Veritas Technotes.
    >Hope it helps
    >

    >This behavior may be due to a corruption in the CATALOG index file,
    >"BeTopCat.idx".
    >

    >To resolve the issue by replacing the catalog index file, perform the
    >following:
    >

    >1. Close Backup Exec.
    >
    >2. In Control Panel | Services, stop all the Backup Exec services.
    >
    >3. Delete the BeTopCat.idx file located in the \BackupExec\NT\CATALOGS
    >subfolder
    >
    >4. Delete any of the temporary files from CATALOGS subfolder:
    >
    > a.. *.TMP
    > b.. *.SM - (temporary CATALOG files)
    > c.. *.FDD - (temporary CATALOG files)
    > d.. QTC*.* - (temporary CATALOG files)
    >5. In Control Panel | Services, restart all of the Backup Exec services.
    >
    >6. Open Backup Exec and go to the Restore Selections tab. A list of backup
    >sets should now be available for restore.
    >
    >"Bob" wrote in message
    >>
    >> All of the sudden I have nothing listed in the restore selections either

    >by
    >> volume or Media and the root check box is grayed...

  4. Re: Missing Restore selections

    See also

    Bob wrote:

    >That didn't do it. I followed instruction two the letter but nothing shows
    >under restore selections. The Catalog directory is 400mb large with allot
    >of files named like "{FB55BC07-9500-4E82-A425-60F151652370}.U01". After re-starting
    >the services and running backup exec that catalog directory didn't create
    >a new betopcat.idx file...
    >
    >"Seli" wrote:
    >

    >>Hi :
    >>
    >>I extracted the following information from one of the Veritas Technotes.
    >>Hope it helps
    >>

    >>This behavior may be due to a corruption in the CATALOG index file,
    >>"BeTopCat.idx".
    >>

    >>To resolve the issue by replacing the catalog index file, perform the
    >>following:
    >>

    >>1. Close Backup Exec.
    >>
    >>2. In Control Panel | Services, stop all the Backup Exec services.
    >>
    >>3. Delete the BeTopCat.idx file located in the \BackupExec\NT\CATALOGS
    >>subfolder
    >>
    >>4. Delete any of the temporary files from CATALOGS subfolder:
    >>
    >> a.. *.TMP
    >> b.. *.SM - (temporary CATALOG files)
    >> c.. *.FDD - (temporary CATALOG files)
    >> d.. QTC*.* - (temporary CATALOG files)
    >>5. In Control Panel | Services, restart all of the Backup Exec services.
    >>
    >>6. Open Backup Exec and go to the Restore Selections tab. A list of backup
    >>sets should now be available for restore.
    >>
    >>"Bob" wrote in message
    >>

    >>>All of the sudden I have nothing listed in the restore selections either
    >>>

    >>by
    >>

    >>>volume or Media and the root check box is grayed...

  5. Re: Missing Restore selections....Thank you!

    "Bob" wrote:

    >That didn't do it. I followed instruction two the letter but nothing shows
    >under restore selections. The Catalog directory is 400mb large with allot
    >of files named like "{FB55BC07-9500-4E82-A425-60F151652370}.U01". After

    re-starting
    >the services and running backup exec that catalog directory didn't create
    >a new betopcat.idx file...
    >
    >"Seli" wrote:
    >>Hi :
    >>
    >>I extracted the following information from one of the Veritas Technotes.
    >>Hope it helps
    >>

    >>This behavior may be due to a corruption in the CATALOG index file,
    >>"BeTopCat.idx".
    >>

    >>To resolve the issue by replacing the catalog index file, perform the
    >>following:
    >>

    >>1. Close Backup Exec.
    >>
    >>2. In Control Panel | Services, stop all the Backup Exec services.
    >>
    >>3. Delete the BeTopCat.idx file located in the \BackupExec\NT\CATALOGS
    >>subfolder
    >>
    >>4. Delete any of the temporary files from CATALOGS subfolder:
    >>
    >> a.. *.TMP
    >> b.. *.SM - (temporary CATALOG files)
    >> c.. *.FDD - (temporary CATALOG files)
    >> d.. QTC*.* - (temporary CATALOG files)
    >>5. In Control Panel | Services, restart all of the Backup Exec services.
    >>
    >>6. Open Backup Exec and go to the Restore Selections tab. A list of backup
    >>sets should now be available for restore.
    >>
    >>"Bob" wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> All of the sudden I have nothing listed in the restore selections either

    >>by
    >>> volume or Media and the root check box is grayed...

    It work and fixed my problem...Thank you very much.
    US NAVY
    Jeffrey Padigos

+ Reply to Thread