Restore Exchange Mailbox to Alternate location - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restore Exchange Mailbox to Alternate location - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm trying to install an Exchange 5.5 mailbox to an alternate location. How do I go about doing that? I appreciate any assistance or direction on where to look. Thanks, Steve...

  1. Restore Exchange Mailbox to Alternate location

    I'm trying to install an Exchange 5.5 mailbox to an alternate location. How
    do I go about doing that?
    I appreciate any assistance or direction on where to look.

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: Restore Exchange Mailbox to Alternate location

    Hi:
    If you want to restore your exchange server to a different server than the
    one the backup was taken from you need to perform a Redirect restore.
    Attached is a link to a veritas Technote related to redirected restores the
    only thing that will change is that instead of restoring files as in the
    example you will have the option to select the exchange option under the
    redirect tab as it wont be greyed out.

    Hope this helps
    "SierraMike" wrote in message
    > I'm trying to install an Exchange 5.5 mailbox to an alternate location.

    How
    > do I go about doing that?
    > I appreciate any assistance or direction on where to look.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

  3. Re: Restore Exchange Mailbox to Alternate location

    Do you mean to a different Exchange Server or to a different Mailbox?

    In either case, the Mailbox you want to restore to must exist before the
    restore starts.

    SierraMike wrote:

    >I'm trying to install an Exchange 5.5 mailbox to an alternate location. How
    >do I go about doing that?
    >I appreciate any assistance or direction on where to look.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Steve

  4. Re: Restore Exchange Mailbox to Alternate location

    To clarify, the restore only restores the data contained in the mailbox.
    It will not re-create the mailbox itself if it does not exist.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Do you mean to a different Exchange Server or to a different Mailbox?
    >
    >In either case, the Mailbox you want to restore to must exist before the

    >restore starts.
    >
    >SierraMike wrote:
    >
    >>I'm trying to install an Exchange 5.5 mailbox to an alternate location.

    How
    >>do I go about doing that?
    >>I appreciate any assistance or direction on where to look.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>Steve

+ Reply to Thread