Upgrading Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrading Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have to upgrade the remote agent on an 'NT' server from 8.50.3571.0 to 8.60.3808.0. Do I simply push the new agent out to the NT server or does the agent have to be uninstalled 1st? Also, would this require ...

  1. Upgrading Remote Agent

    I have to upgrade the remote agent on an 'NT' server from 8.50.3571.0 to 8.60.3808.0.
    Do I simply push the new agent out to the NT server or does the agent have
    to be uninstalled 1st? Also, would this require a reboot on the NT machine?

    thx

    Dave

  2. Re: Upgrading Remote Agent

    Dave F wrote:

    > I have to upgrade the remote agent on an 'NT' server from 8.50.3571.0 to
    > 8.60.3808.0. Do I simply push the new agent out to the NT server or does
    > the agent have to be uninstalled 1st? Also, would this require a reboot
    > on the NT machine?

    1. Latest BE build is 3878. Recommend updating to that.
    2. Yes. Simply "push" new agent to NT server, or run setupaa.cmd.
    3. Reboot? Probably.

+ Reply to Thread