system state fails Registration DB in use - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on system state fails Registration DB in use - Veritas Backup Exec ; 8.6 3878 and nothing has changed except the error that backup of the system state fails because the registration DB is in use. I have searched your knowledge base and find the same error with a fix for version 3808. ...

  1. system state fails Registration DB in use

    8.6 3878 and nothing has changed except the error that backup of the system
    state fails because the registration DB is in use.

    I have searched your knowledge base and find the same error with a fix for
    version 3808. (TechNote 239551)

    TechNote 240773 shows this as fixed in 3878.

    Any help is appreciated.
    mike

  2. Re: system state fails Registration DB in use

    on the backup server, search for bkupexec.exe
    on the remote server you are getting the error, search for beremote.exe

    now compare file versions (Properties>Version) make sure BOTH say 8.6.3878....if
    not, then install the 3878 remote agent

  3. Re: system state fails Registration DB in use

    "

    Jessee,

    Appreciate the response.. and I must apologize.. the server I am backing
    up is local and the beremote file is not installed on the server.

    The bkupexec is version 8.60.3878

    Any help is appreciated.
    Mike

    Jesse" wrote:

    >on the backup server, search for bkupexec.exe
    >on the remote server you are getting the error, search for beremote.exe
    >
    >now compare file versions (Properties>Version) make sure BOTH say 8.6.3878....if
    >not, then install the 3878 remote agent

  4. Re: system state fails Registration DB in use

    hmm . . .

    says this is fixed in v8.6.3878

    Was 3878 a clean install or an upgrade?

    "Mike Ray" wrote:

    >"
    >

    >Jessee,
    >
    >Appreciate the response.. and I must apologize.. the server I am backing
    >up is local and the beremote file is not installed on the server.
    >
    >The bkupexec is version 8.60.3878
    >
    >Any help is appreciated.
    >Mike
    >
    >Jesse" wrote:
    >>
    >>on the backup server, search for bkupexec.exe
    >>on the remote server you are getting the error, search for beremote.exe
    >>
    >>now compare file versions (Properties>Version) make sure BOTH say 8.6.3878....if
    >>not, then install the 3878 remote agent

  5. Re: system state fails Registration DB in use

    Ken, I attached my original message below but yes it is a clean install and
    nothing has changed. Running fine and all of a sudden I getting this error
    and can;t get rid of it.

    Thanks for the help.
    mike

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >hmm . . .
    >
    >http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/240773.htm
    >says this is fixed in v8.6.3878
    >
    >Was 3878 a clean install or an upgrade?
    >
    >"Mike Ray" wrote:
    >>
    >>"
    >>

    >>Jessee,
    >>
    >>Appreciate the response.. and I must apologize.. the server I am backing
    >>up is local and the beremote file is not installed on the server.
    >>
    >>The bkupexec is version 8.60.3878
    >>
    >>Any help is appreciated.
    >>Mike
    >>
    >>Jesse" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>on the backup server, search for bkupexec.exe
    >>>on the remote server you are getting the error, search for beremote.exe
    >>>
    >>>now compare file versions (Properties>Version) make sure BOTH say 8.6.3878....if
    >>>not, then install the 3878 remote agent

+ Reply to Thread