Remote Agent for Windows XP client - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent for Windows XP client - Veritas Backup Exec ; We're a long time Backup Exec user for NT/2000. Just added a Windows XP client to the backup. Unfortuantely, even after installing the Remote Agent from the Server to the client, our backup now failes with the standard "cannot fully ...

  1. Remote Agent for Windows XP client

    We're a long time Backup Exec user for NT/2000. Just added a Windows XP client
    to the backup. Unfortuantely, even after installing the Remote Agent from
    the Server to the client, our backup now failes with the standard "cannot
    fully protected NT/2000 machines without remote agent" message.

    Someone from Veritas, please help. I've searched support patches, the newsgroups,
    and done everything reasonable -- unless I missed it, there's not even a
    mention of Windows XP.

    Please help as our backups now report failure and that is troublesome because
    it requires me to look at the log every day to make sure that's all that
    failed!!

    Help

    BTW: Please email reply to jeffm@cesinc.com as well as post.

    Thanks a bunch.

  2. Re: Remote Agent for Windows XP client

    Jeff Musa wrote:

    > We're a long time Backup Exec user for NT/2000. Just added a Windows XP
    > client to the backup. Unfortuantely, even after installing the Remote
    > Agent from the Server to the client, our backup now failes with the
    > standard "cannot fully protected NT/2000 machines without remote agent"
    > message.

    You need 8.6 rev 3878 for the remote agent to work on XP.

    > Someone from Veritas, please help.

    This is a user-to-user support forum.

    > I've searched support patches, the newsgroups, and done everything
    > reasonable -- unless I missed it, there's not even a mention of Windows
    > XP.

    I got to this link by entering 'windows xp remote agent' into the search
    page at support.veritas.com.

    > BTW: Please email reply to jeffm@cesinc.com as well as post.

    Bad etiquette. If you post in a forum, please check that same forum for the
    answer.

  3. Re: Remote Agent for Windows XP client

    All bullsh..,

    I've tried all what I found in Newsgroups and others. Also the e-mail
    support of veritas.

    I've installed the newest Version of Remoteagent on every XP-Workstation,
    but it's like a "Lottery" - sometimes it works and sometimes not.

    Every day I read in the Backupreports of failed Backups from
    XP-Workstations:

    "Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 nicht präsent - Standardsicherung wird
    durchgeführt.
    WARNUNG: Medienserver können remote Windows 2000-Server
    oder -Arbeitsstationen nur dann vollständig schützen, wenn Remote Agent for
    Windows NT/2000 Option installiert worden ist und auf jedem zu schützenden
    Windows 2000-Server bzw. jeder -Arbeitsstation ausgeführt wird. Es kann zu
    Datenverlusten kommen, wenn Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 Option nicht
    ausgeführt wird, während remote Windows 2000-Computer gesichert werden"

    I think nobody can help you (incl. Veritas) - perhaps in a new Version - I
    don't know.

    best regards
    Harry

    "Jeff Musa" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > We're a long time Backup Exec user for NT/2000. Just added a Windows XP

    client
    > to the backup. Unfortuantely, even after installing the Remote Agent from
    > the Server to the client, our backup now failes with the standard "cannot
    > fully protected NT/2000 machines without remote agent" message.
    >
    > Someone from Veritas, please help. I've searched support patches, the

    newsgroups,
    > and done everything reasonable -- unless I missed it, there's not even a
    > mention of Windows XP.
    >
    > Please help as our backups now report failure and that is troublesome

    because
    > it requires me to look at the log every day to make sure that's all that
    > failed!!
    >
    > Help
    >
    > BTW: Please email reply to jeffm@cesinc.com as well as post.
    >
    > Thanks a bunch.