I changed a value in the system registry (FSUseAsyncIo)
relating to Seagate Backup Exec, per their tech support.
After making the change, I was supposed to manually stop a
few processes associated with that program, then restart
them. When I try to end the processes, I get an access
denied message.

I then tried to logoff and restart. When I try either of
those options (shutdown as well), the computer acts like
it never received the command, and continues to function
normally.

I have tried changing the registry value back to its
orignal state. This did not allow me to kill the processes
or log off.

Please help!