Remote Agent says it isn't installed even though it is - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent says it isn't installed even though it is - Veritas Backup Exec ; I was backing up a server and got the following message: Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 not present - performing standard backup WARNING: Media servers cannot completely protect remote Windows 2000 servers or workstations unless the Backup Exec Remote Agent ...

  1. Remote Agent says it isn't installed even though it is

    I was backing up a server and got the following message:

    Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 not present - performing standard backup
    WARNING: Media servers cannot completely protect remote
    Windows 2000 servers or workstations unless the Backup
    Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is installed
    and running on each remote Windows 2000 server or
    workstation to be protected. Data loss can occur if the
    Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is not running
    while backing up remote Windows 2000 computers.

    The odd thing is that the agent has been installed and working fine for a
    few weeks now. Suddenly it gets this message. I looked in the services
    and the remote agent was started successfully with no issues. IS there any
    cases of the agent not being recognized even though the service says it is
    running?

  2. Re: Remote Agent says it isn't installed even though it is

    See

    Jason Reynolds wrote:

    >I was backing up a server and got the following message:
    >
    >Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 not present - performing standard backup
    >WARNING: Media servers cannot completely protect remote
    >Windows 2000 servers or workstations unless the Backup
    >Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is installed
    >and running on each remote Windows 2000 server or
    >workstation to be protected. Data loss can occur if the
    >Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is not running
    >while backing up remote Windows 2000 computers.
    >
    >The odd thing is that the agent has been installed and working fine for a
    >few weeks now. Suddenly it gets this message. I looked in the services
    >and the remote agent was started successfully with no issues. IS there any
    >cases of the agent not being recognized even though the service says it is
    >running?

+ Reply to Thread