We have the library in the subject and I'm a bit puzzled about the Initialize
& Scan commands. According to this tech document http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190875.htm,
with a barcode reader, Initialize & Scan commands should be used instead
of Inventory. Initialize seems to work fine as every single tape is read
by the barcode reader and correctly reported by BENT. What I don't understand
is the purpose of the Scan command: on our library, this command has a very
strange behaviour doing mostly nothing at all or, sometimes, reporting Media> for every populated slot (all of our tapes use barcode labels). Any
advice?